sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A bit late is one thing, cancellation of flights due to engineering issues, pilot or crew issues another.
    My understanding is that JetStar's regional operation was resourced on a very skinny basis with very old planes and very little in reserve for contingencies, spare parts or relief crew. You think a 30+ year old plane might be more than little more unreliable than one that's 7-8 years old on average ?
    Certainly JetStar have a reputation to cancelling flights relatively often, with no other alternative - one of the reasons I don't fly with them. Mind you, flying out of ZQN on an AIR ATR, flights are cancelled often enough, with minimal alternative.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Not exactly like Air NZ is highly reliable....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...tual-last-year

Certainly I've experience often lately where may not be necessarily 15 mins late, but closer to 15mins than being on time

Most business people would choose Air NZ anyway, due to Koru lounge, flight times and destination network. JetStar would mainly be the leisure traveler.
    Flew WLG /DND the other day .....captain had to ‘reset’ something .....code for something’s not working so we turn it off and wait a bit and then turn it back on .......so we were about 40 minutes late

Jeez ...my laptop reboots faster than that.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Your laptop doesn't have the same impact when it goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Flew WLG /DND the other day .....captain had to ‘reset’ something .....code for something’s not working so we turn it off and wait a bit and then turn it back on .......so we were about 40 minutes late

LOL I suspect there could be one or two more electronic circuits in an aircraft
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hey Winner, great news their sustainability report is out and you can read all about their efforts here. A guaranteed riveting holiday read https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/...ity-Report.pdf Nice picture of a Dreamliner with the Remarkables in the background...
    Can you please condense all this down to one sentence for me, thanks. Something like, we're going to burn more fuel this year and make more money because JetStar has pulled out would make good reading as the rest of it is probably a bunch of politically correct rubbish anyway.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hey Winner, great news their sustainability report is out and you can read all about their efforts here. A guaranteed riveting holiday read https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/...ity-Report.pdf Nice picture of a Dreamliner with the Remarkables in the background...
    Can you please condense all this down to one sentence for me, thanks. Something like, we're going to burn more fuel this year and make more money because JetStar has pulled out would make good reading as the rest of it is probably a bunch of politically correct rubbish anyway.
    Absolutely good on them for doing what they can......but still a very large polluter and an inherently unsustainable industry. But then again, driven by demand from people and if going to change, then people are going to have to change their behaviours.

I also think the offsetting thing is a heap of feel-good rubbish - doesn't address the real issue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Absolutely good on them for doing what they can......but still a very large polluter and an inherently unsustainable industry. But then again, driven by demand from people and if going to change, then people are going to have to change their behaviours.

I also think the offsetting thing is a heap of feel-good rubbish - doesn't address the real issue.
    Offsetting a complete waste of time in the biggest brainwashing scam in human history.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/fina...cid=spartandhp
    That's really cool. Air don't have to put their prices up, keep them exactly the same and they might end up getting a half way reasonable return on capital employed in the regions.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Propstars aircraft were discards from Queer and Nasty Airlines regional services in Aussie which they tried to sell and couldn't.

So even if Propstars operations were unprofitable as long as they cash flowed Queer and Nasty Airlines were ahead. I'm guessing the trigger for pulling the pin was a flip to negative cash flow.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp

QAN stolen a march on AIR ? AIR need to respond with 50% off everything for everyone over 55