sharetrader
Page 755 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 25565570574575175275375475575675775875976580585512551755 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Must be a new breed of accountant...first time I've ever noticed this 37 days this June compared to 32 days in the pcp, or was it the other way around ? I guess they are referring too cut off periods in their stat's but any way you slice and dice this thing its a highly unusual way to frame this thing up.

I must be the only one that's somewhat disappointed with June stat's. Load factors to Asia are clearly being affected by the recent arrival of Air Asia. Less than 73% load factor is barely breaking even. Another sale today marketed to airpoints members with fares I haven't seen to Asia for quite some time e.g. AKL to Hong Kong $499. I am not surprised with those low load factors they have to try something radical to boost demand. Will it work ? remains to be seen. One can only wonder how much cheaper AIR Asia's flight crew are compared to AIR's. I wouldn't fly an airline that trains its pilots on play station's (so too speak) and then makes people sit in a sardine can sized environment but others seem to be. Yes the full year's YTD stat's as summed up by WD in post #7531 looked pretty good but the month of June on its own gives an insight into the new environment in which AIR now operate. Disc: Took a very small profit on the extra shares I recently acquired at $2.165...bird in the hand and all that jazz. Back down to 8% portfolio allocation now.
    In all respects Roger, the email that arrived on my Iphone this morningsaid "asia sale" was very disappointing as it did not include Shanghai. Currently I can get to china via Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong $1,100 return over Jan/Feb vs $1,500 odd via AIRNZ to Shanghai. I almost considered this a done deal but the wife didn't agree due to the layout in HK.

I dont see AIRAsia as the issue? but more so of Hong Kong airlines? but I am still baffled by Shanghai wasn't included.........

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    I dont see AIRAsia as the issue? but more so of Hong Kong airlines? but I am still baffled by Shanghai wasn't included.........
    Shanghai had a seperate sale just a few weeks ago.

Membaa

Disc: Took a very small profit on the extra shares I recently acquired at $2.165...bird in the hand and all that jazz. Back down to 8% portfolio allocation now.
    Probably good timing as it turned over yesterday and closed down on the 50EMA, opened on it today, then and proceeded down through the steep short term rising trend line, after back testing that 50EMA. Good short term technical sell by the looks of it. Doesn't seem much in the way of support to $2.02 again, so will be interesting to see whether AIR becomes range bound between that and $2.26 which is also the 23.6% fib as it happens.

time to wait for 2.05 again lol

things look bad in asia

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tions-ceo-says
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    time to wait for 2.05 again lol

things look bad in asia

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tions-ceo-says
    After a heavy day of accumulating today, I will be adding more if the price gets that low again however Cathay is down 7.2% this year while Air is down 30% so most of the downside is well and truly priced into Air IMO in comparison to Cathay. With the upcoming results plus the good prospect of a special divvy, if it does venture down that low again it won't last long, once again IMO.

Agreed, if it heads that low again I'd be tempted to topup

I will be keen to get more if it continues down, I am only at 15% with AIR, rest in the bank earning sweet all but safely tucked away.

I don't think AIR is as exposed as other airlines to the competition, domestically we are pretty strong, transtasman is the same, code sharing with the USA aspect is working well and yes the Chinese aspect is facing competition but all in all I cant see AIR struggling any time soon. Well positioned and the SP may be subject to weakness which isn't overly exciting to me but the divvy and imputations are. I have had stops in place with AIR of late but always with the plan to keep shares in hand. That's the FA side of things, TA well... I had hoped for a different scenario but hoping for a higher low in the next couple of days and back on to tracking upwards. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    In all respects Roger, the email that arrived on my Iphone this morningsaid "asia sale" was very disappointing as it did not include Shanghai. Currently I can get to china via Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong $1,100 return over Jan/Feb vs $1,500 odd via AIRNZ to Shanghai. I almost considered this a done deal but the wife didn't agree due to the layout in HK.

Seen that many times with N.Z. sales. They only discount routes they need too. If I had $10,000 for every time I'd seen a N.Z. sale without a any / or a decent discount on Auckland to Queenstown I'd be retired by now. They're utterly shameless they way they go about it with a disingenuous name that's not inclusive of popular routes. I guess they're just following the Briscoes model...sale every five minutes on product that's often quite over-priced to start with. Seems to work for Rod Duke... Yeah I'd take on more freight again at close to the recent low's of the trading range $2.02.

Advanced Member

Must be a new breed of accountant...first time I've ever noticed this 37 days this June compared to 32 days in the pcp, or was it the other way around ? I guess they are referring too cut off periods in their stat's but any way you slice and dice this thing its a highly unusual way to frame this thing up.

I must be the only one that's somewhat disappointed with June stat's. Load factors to Asia are clearly being affected by the recent arrival of Air Asia. Less than 73% load factor is barely breaking even. Another sale today marketed to airpoints members with fares I haven't seen to Asia for quite some time e.g. AKL to Hong Kong $499. I am not surprised with those low load factors they have to try something radical to boost demand. Will it work ? remains to be seen. One can only wonder how much cheaper AIR Asia's flight crew are compared to AIR's. I wouldn't fly an airline that trains its pilots on play station's (so too speak) anden makes people sit in a sardine can sized environment but others seem to be. Yes the full year's YTD stat's as summed up by WD in post #7531 looked pretty good but the month of June on its own gives an insight into the new environment in which AIR now operate th. Disc: Took a very small profit on the extra shares I recently acquired at $2.165...bird in the hand and all that jazz. Back down to 8% portfolio allocation now.
    Think I will wait and take the two in the bush...div, sp rise and possible special div, average price still just in the green.
    Last edited by see weed; 21-07-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Don't try this at home kids

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Still accumulating, might just end up around this percentage before the divvy, some might call it nuts, I just call it bold. PS-At $2.35 Average now. PPS-Big holding equals big divvy.
    As the saying goes:

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots
    but there are no old, bold pilots.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum