sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Family member had an int experience a week or so ago here. The plane couldn't take off because they couldn't shut the door! Seems the closest engineers were in Ch Ch!!? so they had to disembark and wait for another plane.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Family member had an int experience a week or so ago here. The plane couldn't take off because they couldn't shut the door! Seems the closest engineers were in Ch Ch!!? so they had to disembark and wait for another plane.
    It is happening far more than I am comfortable with. I have had more than a few reports of flights cancelled or postponed this last year due to problems, from both Jetstar and AIR. People having to drive from Napier to Auckland to get their connecting flights. I am a little hesitant in investing in AIR for this reason. I do wonder if this is just me, or is it happening more frequently

Outside thinking.

Recently flew AIR International and not impressed with all the hidden extra charges for seats/food etc.

A downwards slide in service, plus trends like 'Flight Shame' (click here) could make future headwinds for AIR.

Take care holders.

Following the momo

Will be trying out Air NZ's long haul service to Chicago next month. I noticed while booking that they've included all the meals/entertainment in the basic fare (but maybe this has always been the case with the long haul flights).

My return flight was $400 so could really say no to a bargain.

Travelled with Singapore Airlines back from London in May so it will be good to compare (as I thought Singapore was excellent)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Discovered I am flying out of Baku tomorrow on a E190 and I am hoping that it is this one:

Air Astana Snow Leopard

Which made me wonder: Why do Air NZ not have any planes painted up as Kiwi, Kakapo etc?

As for flight shame:
    I have been asked how long the ferry takes from New Zealand to Australia on several occasions over the last few months, but at the end of the day if you want to get into or out of NZ you need to get on a plane, and if you want to get around God's Own then you either have plenty of time or you need to get on a plane.

Still the future of AIR is that of any airline, highly volatile.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Discovered I am flying out of Baku tomorrow on a E190 and I am hoping that it is this one:

Air Astana Snow Leopard

Which made me wonder: Why do Air NZ not have any planes painted up as Kiwi, Kakapo etc?

As for flight shame:
    I have been asked how long the ferry takes from New Zealand to Australia on several occasions over the last few months, but at the end of the day if you want to get into or out of NZ you need to get on a plane, and if you want to get around God's Own then you either have plenty of time or you need to get on a plane.

Still the future of AIR is that of any airline, highly volatile.
    Not too sure about the wisdom of putting a Flightless bird on a plane .....

Data breach at AIR

Hope the hackers don’t see how few status credits I have

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-been-breached
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Alan Joyce from Qantas a good guy ....stuff the flight shamers

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/qantas-c...e-change-panic

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Data breach at AIR

Hope the hackers don’t see how few status credits I have

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-been-breached
    I wonder what a ‘staff account’ is in this matter

Sounds ominous - AIR going to the pack (culturally)

Looking forward to the annual result on 22 August and the juicy dividend in Sept.
    Interesting tidbit for anyone contemplating this for dividend income. Chris Luxon mentioned at the half year result conference call that AIR had only reduced its dividends twice before. After 9/11 and the GFC.

22 cents fully imputed per annum = 30.56 cents per share gross and on $2.75 that's 11.1% ! I think barring a major exogenous shock of the type referred to in this post, that's sustainable for the foreseeable future and with interest rates so incredibly low, basically in unchartered territory, its highly attractive for dividend hounds.
    Sure there's risk, but there's risk in every share.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine