sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I totally disagree 777. It was AIR that made the mistake according to the news and they should accept it and honour the fares. This is very bad form from AIR and I'm surprised they get away with it. Many will read this and many will never book with AIR in the future. They're already having quite a backlash from customer about the Dreamliner fiasco and poorer service from Hi Fly. They certainly don't need more at the moment and should know this. They are playing with fire.
    He was using an agent. Therefore that is who should be dealing with. They take his money. They booked the fare. They should be handling the situation other wise why use an agent.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    He was using an agent. Therefore that is who should be dealing with. They take his money. They booked the fare. They should be handling the situation other wise why use an agent.
    They should just get the fare they booked

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They should just get the fare they booked
    From his tweets even the agent was having difficulty in dealing with AIR

Maybe the ‘offer’ was so succesful (like more than odd one or two taking it up) that they felt compelled to cancel the tickets

One cheap flights watcher tweeted the offer to 700,000 of his followers.

Hope not too many come to NZ anyway ....far too many already
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

These safety ads must cost a small fortune to produce ....seems a waste of money

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...z-safety-video

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    These safety ads must cost a small fortune to produce ....seems a waste of money

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...z-safety-video
    You would think with serious logistical issues this might run to seven figures ? Suppose its part of their extensive marketing budget but I would have thought given sensitivities about historical events Chris and his team could have chosen another way to try and build their argument that they care for the environment. Taking the other side of the argument, one supposes that they're never going to please everyone, all of the time with their safety video's and this may raise awareness of environmental issues. Remember the infamous one with the body paint and also the safety in paradise one which upset a lot of P.C. people. I guess we should reserve our opinion until we've seen it in due course ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Latest operating stats

• Weakest revenue growth this financial year with Decembers revenues only up 1%/2%
    • No profit guidance so half year likely to be about the same as last year?
    • Bit ho-hum on the broken planes ecept to say maintence is being done and we have those charter planes

https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...ir.nzx-313547/

Group RASK for YTD up just 2%, 2.74% higher yield if you adjust for lower group load factors 82.5% compared to 83.1% last year and 3.2% higher yield if you adjust for FX changes.
    I remain underwhelmed in the context of the fact that:-
    Operating environment for the first half this year compared to last year
    Dramatically higher fuel cost this year and many airlines don't hedge so you would have hoped to see yield improvements at a higher rate than that.
    10 new entrants on new or expanded routes last year operating sustained opening specials using cheap oil to launch their new or expanded route, about half of which have retrenched since then so you would have hoped to have seen a far less competitive environment supportive of yields similar to those enjoyed in 1H FY16.
    Overall although there have been some fairly modest improvement from 1H FY17 yields we are tracking well south of yields enjoyed in FY16.
    As a former shareholder I had been hoping to see yields up 4-5% this half compared to the previous corresponding period. While the YTD RASK together with very high level's of forward cover on fuel prices is supportive of a solid first half to be announced late next month how they'll go once their fuel hedges run out later this year is something the market appears to be concerned about and quite rightly in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-01-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

AIRLINES SET FOR RECORD PROFIT, FARE RISE FORECAST..................2 months ago

Would expect air to increase fares accordingly to compensate them for any future fuel increases.

America is currently drilling wells everywhere to increase oil supply which could eventually undermine the Russian - Saudi oil reductions which has been pushing prices higher.

Interesting times ahead for fuel and waiting to see where prices settle.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1DZ1DE

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....countsoverview

Interesting operating results, I like the passenger numbers increasing and the yield % increasing. I think you could see a HY result which won't reflect on the current market yet with the fuel prices being so dramatically off. I'm just hoping that management gives enough information in terms of guidance and what we can expect.

The last thing I would want is to have them not address the situation getting worse or to play it off as not being here for a long term. Who knows, it could be over tomorrow, but I know companies use language that is most favourable to them. Not saying AIR would but hey, its hard to discount these days.

Advanced Member

Sounds like some of the fares were more of a bargain than I first thought ( hence my initial thoughts AIR.nz should just wear it ) Looks like they were between a rock and a hard place .
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/my...was-2018-01-30