sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Can't say the pictures give much confidence ... so it is really just one more than 30 years old steel pipe buried in corrosive mud which stands between highly inflammable aviation fuel and the environment? And they are welding in the mud - and the connections are supposed to be like new afterwards?

But that's probably a discussion for some other thread ...
    Yes...quite right, probably best for discussion in some environment protection thread if you want to start one in the off market section. For those that haven't seen the pictures and are vaguely interested http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-09-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From those stats yesterday AIR won't be making more money from long haul v last year

Competition still prevails?
    I have done 7 long haul (one way) trips on AIR NZ so far this year. Every single time the Business Premier has been 100% full and Premium Economy all but full. It has been quite surprising and I know that quite a proportion of the seats has been purchased late and at high prices. Flights have been to/from both South and North America. They seem to be doing very well on those routes.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have done 7 long haul (one way) trips on AIR NZ so far this year. Every single time the Business Premier has been 100% full and Premium Economy all but full. It has been quite surprising and I know that quite a proportion of the seats has been purchased late and at high prices. Flights have been to/from both South and North America. They seem to be doing very well on those routes.
    To get a real idea on long haul I get out of my Business class seat and walk the entire plane..economy is your best gauge as all PE and business class are filled up with upgrades regardless...does not necessarily reflect paid up seats...I go to LAX return monthly.

Lets stick to discussing Air NZ here & not # of personal trips and in what seat.... bears no resemblance on overall company performance whatsoever...
    Last edited by TheHunter; 22-09-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Lets stick to discussing Air NZ here & not # of personal trips and in what seat.... bears no resemblance on overall company performance whatsoever...
    They are personal observations,which I would have thought were very relevant here,They are talking about air NZ planes. If you want to observe how a listed retailer is doing stand in or outside the shop for a while to guage traffic/same thing eh.They seem also to be frequent users.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    They are personal observations,which I would have thought were very relevant here,They are talking about air NZ planes. If you want to observe how a listed retailer is doing stand in or outside the shop for a while to guage traffic/same thing eh.They seem also to be frequent users.
    Thanks for that, to the others it really comes down to what you want to read..no one except the mod is a sensor here...and you choose what you want to read and how you react. Those with their egos unleashed never get far around here...they should save themselves the effort.
    Last edited by Raz; 23-09-2017 at 07:28 AM.

don't forget the entire travelling public sector were effectively grounded, by command from the major shareholder - that would account for at least all of the middle seats on almost any flight

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    I am struggling to think of any other company on the NZX that provides monthly operating data both by sales, sales type and yield and I think we are very fortunate indeed that the ongoing operating environment is so clearly articulated by AIR. It wasn't always this way so I think we should consider ourselves extremely fortunate that the company is so forthcoming.

On another subject on reviewing this http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp I would have thought the landowner has a prima facie case to answer for liability here. I hope they have a large public liability insurance policy as I can see a very strong chance that litigation won't be far away for very substantial damages by multiple parties affected.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-09-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Always good to hear from flyers who walk the length of the plane .....often I don't get the chance as I'm stopped half way up to the front.

Anyway the stats show that over July/August -

Short haul (domestic and trans-Tasman) AIR flew 6.6% more passengers (about 100,000 more) than last year and banked about 10% more in revenues - bloody amazing

Long haul AIR flew about the same number of passengers as last year but revenues were down about 1%/2% - just OK, maybe baddish

So making zillions more than last year flying close to home but just hanging in there on the long haul routes ....but overall probably making more than last year
    Last edited by winner69; 23-09-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Flew back from San Fran this morning and the flight was 100% full from what I could see.