sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    We know how you react if insiders trade before an announcement don't we. Bl**dy nora Beagle - I hope that AIR have some rules in place to prevent that.
    LOL Barked so loudly SUM company had to change theirs and Tony Carter probably has the Beagle's barking still ringing in his ears after I barked up a storm after last time AIR's exec's sold one day before the investor presentation. Beagle's thinking is that if one is going to bark you might as well bark nice and loud
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-05-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sharechat essentially says it’s a downgrade ...or at a profit warning

Don’t downgrades come in fours

the market seems quite happy as AIR head to what could be their worst profit in five years.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...ouncementshtml
    Last edited by winner69; 27-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Sharechat essentially says it’s a downgrade ...or at a profit warning

Don’t downgrades come in fours

the market seems quite happy as AIR head to what could be their worst profit in five years.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...ouncementshtml
    Yes personally SP bit of a puzzel however yield people may be holding it up.

Market was well aware that the fuel price was trading above previous estimate so is not surprised. Anyone surprised would have to have been living under a rock for the past couple of months.

Very smart move going with GE engines https://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/new...cid=spartandhp

Media hype painting it as a $60m downgrade when in fact they were previously guiding $340m - $400m, mid point $370m, and now guiding $340m+
    Only in the imagination of some creative journalists minds is this a $60m downgrade.

Investor day materiuals here http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...101/300568.pdf
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-05-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The range was initially at $340-400m, and down $25m but in excess of $340m. So anywhere between $340m to $375m. The movement in fuel prices is always going to be there and for that reason its a cyclical stock more than anything.

I bought at the lowest point of the market so I'm okay with holding at close to $2 average. I would only buy more if it went down that low again which I only suspect would happen in two circumstances. First being oil prices heading back up to $100 USD a barrel or global conditions worsening considerably to the point it affects disposable income on a mass level.

A lot can happen between now and 2022 and both events are on the cards, not sure at what state either will be at in 2022, if oil goes up I think the budget players and poor brand operators get weeded out quickly with the brand champions sticking around. A quick response to slowing demand and oil prices rising will give you an indication of what type of company this is.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    The range was initially at $340-400m, and down $25m but in excess of $340m. So anywhere between $340m to $375m. The movement in fuel prices is always going to be there and for that reason its a cyclical stock more than anything.

I bought at the lowest point of the market so I'm okay with holding at close to $2 average. I would only buy more if it went down that low again which I only suspect would happen in two circumstances. First being oil prices heading back up to $100 USD a barrel or global conditions worsening considerably to the point it affects disposable income on a mass level.

A lot can happen between now and 2022 and both events are on the cards, not sure at what state either will be at in 2022, if oil goes up I think the budget players and poor brand operators get weeded out quickly with the brand champions sticking around. A quick response to slowing demand and oil prices rising will give you an indication of what type of company this is.
    And backwards we go...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-reviews-fares

AIR share price drifting a bit today after yesterday’s profit downgrade.

Is it time to start saving up for when it’s back in the 220s

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    AIR share price drifting a bit today after yesterday’s profit downgrade.

Is it time to start saving up for when it’s back in the 220s
    I think you're being more than a "little" hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think you're being more than a "little" hopeful.
    Let’s see if we have a rational market, this is one share that has a history of not defying gravity.

Luxon’s days at AIR maybe numbered

Rumour is he is being ‘parachuted’ into Botany by the Nats in next year’s election