sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Dilettante

A little more on the engine issue in the Herald today https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12133520

News like this in the media can not be good for AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Chief AIR operations and safety officer selling down shares earlier this week as did Chris Luxon himself recently but the chief himself assures shareholders that this engine issue is not a safety issue... but he's off to visit Rolls Royce to seek assurances that all is being done to expedite repair of faulty engines ASAP. Mixed messages there.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A little more on the engine issue in the Herald today https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12133520

News like this in the media can not be good for AIR
    And now the FAA appear to be looking into it again. Optics on this not looking good. Shame our mate Chris doesn't give us some more colour around the real reason he's off to see Rolls Royce. You'll be releived to be flying to / from South America on the old technology 777-200 I assume ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

What is there to worry about?

link: Rolls Royce engines causing problems for Boeing Dreamliners, but not in North Charleston

Honestly, get a grip guys
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    What is there to worry about?

link: Rolls Royce engines causing problems for Boeing Dreamliners, but not in North Charleston

Honestly, get a grip guys
    Yes probably nothing to worry about except a serious disruption to AIR´s schedule, huge restrictions on the Dreamliner´s flights, recently announced pullback on growth plans on new routes as a result and customer confidence seriously undermined as many people now don´t want to fly on the affected planes. Fine to look the other way but this is a very serious unresolved issue for AIR. How serious it will turn out to be is anybody´s guess but in my view it would be silly not to take this risk into account.

Yes Beagle I am pleased to be flying the old 777-200 on my travels. Wouldn´t fly that distance on the Dreamliners now if that was the option.
    Last edited by iceman; 28-09-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Crisis of confidence on the thread?

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I see AIR NZ must have sanctioned the page ... I was a starter for $10 too

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Well you know what they say about how to make a small fortune ...
    Start with a large fortune then start an airline....
    Seriously though... They must be taking the pi$$...$500,000 won't keep them in fuel for more than a few days.....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    LOL You wouldn't be able to get all the processes and leases together and organise the regulatory Civil aviation authority approvals for that. This is a rort probably by an unemployed executive with nothing to do looking to fleece people so he can have a fancy salary while he p***** into the wind. Chris Luxon must be "terrified" lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-10-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Missed by that much

$500k to start an airline? Someone is dreaming. If they don't even know enough about the business to have a reasonable idea of the start up costs then I would be staying well clear.