sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    About to book very expensive flights to Nelson through air NZ, not put off by Coronavirus at all. Wouldn’t fly to Asia though.
    Long haul will a hit, but still keep milking those domestic routes as much as they can...….

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

I'm currently sitting on an AirNZ flight from S Korea to Auckland. It looks about 75% full. I wouldn't know wether that is normal or not.

Also I've been watching the very long movie "Time to destination".
    it is very uninteresting ........I do not recommend it.
    Last edited by Maverick; 17-02-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I'm currently sitting on an AirNZ flight from S Korea to Auckland. It looks about 75% full. I wouldn't know wether that is normal or not.

Also I've been watching the very long movie "Time to destination".
    it is very uninteresting ........I do not recommend it.
    Safe journey, my doctor recommended to take 1 Aspirin tab the day before and 2 days after arriving and wear compression knee socks during flight.

Doctors recommendation always important.

Lightened the load a little bit. Can't help but think that this will affect AIR. SA reducing services ... https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...htcapacity.pdf

Had plans for a personal trip to Asia mid this year, have shelved it for now ... expect many to be doing the same. Even at work, most reducing trans-tasman travel if they can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Lightened the load a little bit. Can't help but think that this will affect AIR. SA reducing services ... https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...htcapacity.pdf

Had plans for a personal trip to Asia mid this year, have shelved it for now ... expect many to be doing the same. Even at work, most reducing trans-tasman travel if they can avoid it.
    That’s one hell of lot of flights eh

Some AIR code share ones as well,
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just the beginning of widespread flight cancellations worldwide by almost all airlines, in my opinion.
    Of course AIR's unionised workers will still be expecting their usual last year + 2-3% annual increase.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just out - AIR cuts Hong Kong services https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12309619
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just the beginning of widespread flight cancellations worldwide by almost all airlines, in my opinion.
    Of course AIR's unionised workers will still be expecting their usual last year + 2-3% annual increase.

Beagle - you really do enjoy kicking unions and unionised workers yet I am pretty sure you would have no objection to Employer Unions -also known more commonly as the likes of Federated Farmers, Chambers of Commerce, Employers and Manufacturers Association etc etc etc.

I am not anti these groups at all - but to call a spade a spade they are essentially or in part lobby groups - employer or industry unions if you like.

They act as a union would - lobby for the best outcomes of their members. Yet there is no outcry when in the past they have lobbied for tariffs on imports to protect their profits - oops I meant industry - all the while happy for Joe public to pay the inflated prices they charged.

So why is it that workers union bad employer union good?

Anyway for what it is worth Beagle in tough times in years and decades gone by Air NZ worker unions have FORGONE wages rises for the sake of all in the company -on more than one occasion. How about laying off the workers who keep Air NZ going eh? Maybe your wrath can be turned on the HQ fat cats starting with the abruptly departed smooth talking Low Wage Luxon.

corporate travel announcement provides a good guidance on impact of virus to date. feb bookings down 50%

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202002...qp8m38mldy.pdf
    one step ahead of the herd

Thanks. I am expecting AIR to downgrade (the first of several downgrades) FY20 guidance when they report on 27 February.
    I assume anyone still on board this one has a very strong stomach and their seat belt firmly tightened because they are in for some extreme turbulence directly ahead.