sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

The A350 engine is actually a RR Trent XWB which was developed from the RR Trent 1000 according to Wikipedia.
    Last edited by 777; 13-05-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    That's right. AirNZ knew that these engines were going to have problems before they actually did have problems but selected them anyway. They should have known better then shouldn't they BP?
    Nobody expected them to foresee the recent issues. However - given that they seem to be happy to ignore them in their decision to buy future planes, any further issue with Boeing planes will fall back on them.

The problem with serious design flaws is, that they are like cockroaches. If there is one which slipped through their quality system, there are likely to be more which did the same. Hard to see why AIR wants to take this risk if the alternative is anyway better ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

My guess is they will run with the 787-9 and hope it finally becomes a Dreamliner with the much more reliable GE engines.
    Surely the directors and senior management team are well aware that with all the substantial disruption caused by the faulty RR engines AIR has suffered some brand damage and the prudent thing to do is irrespective of whatever favorable deal RR come up with, is to take the substantially lower risk option and run with GE engines.
    Worth noting that GE engines can be retrofitted on existing aircraft.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-05-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

The Troughers are getting a pay freeze my heart bleeds for them. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Got a link mate ?, I could do with reading all about the high and mighty get their wings clipped a little bit.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Got a link mate ?, I could do with reading all about the high and mighty get their wings clipped a little bit.
    NZ Herald Premium content so you have to pay to read the whole article.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Basically just saying fuel costs have risen by $200m per year and top end of management will accept a 12 months pay freeze and be focused on cost cutting. I suppose this includes Luxon having to suffer on his measly $4.6m (last year's remuneration) for another 12 months !!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Let's give them some credit, good leadership by senior management, essential in my view if you're setting up for some harsh cost cutting & looking for cooperation from staff & suppliers.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12230900

So the plan is to squeeze up what's left of traditional economy as tight as they dare think they can get away with down in the back far corner of the aircraft then install some new seats in the pitch they just had.. And then charge extra for what they offer at the moment ?

She's pretty squeezed up down the back already.