sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Quite possible you are right as Coutts always reckoned about $2.50 was where its at for AIR. Could it go there again...maybe.
    I'd consider buying back in at $2.50!

I loved the low of $1.795 that I bought at in October 2016, even more selling at at $2.34 and $3.17 several months later.

Probably just being greedy hoping for that roller-coaster ride again ...
    Last edited by oldtech; 26-09-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Hit Enter too soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I'd consider buying back in at $2.50!

I loved the low of $1.795 that I bought at in October 2016, even more selling at at $2.34 and $3.17 several months later.

Probably just being greedy hoping for that roller-coaster ride again ...
    AIR's charm offensive https://www.msn.com/en-nz/travel/new...cid=spartandhp
    Pretty sure there's been plenty of teething problems with those NEO engines too. Hope they're all sorted now.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quite possible you are right as Coutts always reckoned about $2.50 was where its at for AIR. Could it go there again...maybe. Good that they are holding their forecast range for now but Tony Carter is effectively giving a veiled warning that we're headed toward the low end of that range if oil stays where it is and they might have to revise guidance down if oil goes further north.

Wonder how many nightmare liners are sitting idle on the ground without engines at present... Winner is right, those Trent 1000 engines are a lemon.
    Four at last count! One due out this week..
    However another will replace that on the ground next week!
    Two brand new aircraft now out flying I assume these will be used to the USA and the second daily Singapore flights ?

This summer season will really test the company as far has how well they manage to keep the busy schedule going, there could be some real trying times for the good operational folk as they try to keep whatever they have available flying.

They actually did very well last year to react and bring in those lease planes as quickly as the did..although it was never an ideal situation.

For me there is just too much risk involved around these 787's engines.
    The share price has held up remarkably well over the last year and maybe we are just now starting to see the market becoming a little nervous about the whole scenario..

As always time well tell...

Last edited by Bobdn; 27-09-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Quite cool those time lapse video's 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Four at last count! One due out this week..
    However another will replace that on the ground next week! Overall a very sad state of affairs.
    Two brand new aircraft now out flying I assume these will be used to the USA and the second daily Singapore flights ? Help me out here please mate. Have these new ten versions got the extended ETOPS rating and if not how is it they can fly direct to Chicago ?

This summer season will really test the company as far has how well they manage to keep the busy schedule going, there could be some real trying times for the good operational folk as they try to keep whatever they have available flying.

They actually did very well last year to react and bring in those lease planes as quickly as the did..although it was never an ideal situation.

For me there is just too much risk involved around these 787's engines.
    The share price has held up remarkably well over the last year and maybe we are just now starting to see the market becoming a little nervous about the whole scenario..

As always time well tell...
    Chris Luxon going to visit RR tells us its not just shareholders getting uncomfortable about how this is playing itself out...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Surely, at some point down the line there will be some sort of financial compensation from RR.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Surely, at some point down the line there will be some sort of financial compensation from RR.
    Legally there has to be but it won't cover all the losses.

Chris Luxon going to visit RR tells us its not just shareholders getting uncomfortable about how this is playing itself out...
    The Trent TEN has full 330 minutes as far as I am aware..

Chief AIR operations and safety officer selling down shares earlier this week as did Chris Luxon himself recently but the chief himself assures shareholders that this engine issue is not a safety issue... but he's off to visit Rolls Royce to seek assurances that all is being done to expedite repair of faulty engines ASAP. Mixed messages there.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2018 at 04:27 PM.