sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty key indicator eh
    Long haul yield increases, flying increased RPK's by about 5% using new fuel efficient dreamliners using fuel hedged at ~ $42m Kiwi below spot rates bought using hedged forward currency in the low 70's cents U.S. and strong tourism growth feeding growing domestic RPK's...unless the hounds nose is contaminated by sniffing excess aviation fuel fumes and his eyes covered by rose tined blinkers or his ears this looks like profit heading nicely northwards to me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...blockchainhtml

Got chatting to one of my old University mates the other day who's now a Law professor at Auckland Law School and he reckons there's a fair bit in this whole blockchain technology...the way of the future he reckons.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Good to see Qantas management making a real effort to increase the number of female pilots (almost putting a quota on it)

Great stuff

Hope AIR follows suit ....and AIR could make sure their senior management team is a bit more diverse at the same time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...blockchainhtml

Got chatting to one of my old University mates the other day who's now a Law professor at Auckland Law School and he reckons there's a fair bit in this whole blockchain technology...the way of the future he reckons.
    Buying some of these cryptos then ...dogs love them i’m told

Don’t think you’ll want any lifs though .......but you never know you might be able to buy travel with them.

Banned

On the wonderful Ethereum blockchain too. Great news, 2018 is going to be a massive year for this new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    On the wonderful Ethereum blockchain too. Great news, 2018 is going to be a massive year for this new tech.
    The blockchain is just an open source technology offering a different option to register securities. While the technology (block chain) has huge potential and while now even real companies are looking into employing this technology (like the article stated about AIR), does this in no means imply that any of the currently in some sort of blockchain registered securities (like Bitcoin, Ethereum) have any future.

WYN, PEB and FPH (and all other NZX companies) all use currently the same "registration technology" (asking Computershare or Link to maintain their central register). Does not mean that this "technology" has anything to do with the potential of the registered company.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Keeping track of what opposition up to

http://www.smh.com.au/business/workp...22-gzqv6t.html

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good to see Qantas management making a real effort to increase the number of female pilots (almost putting a quota on it)

Great stuff

Hope AIR follows suit ....and AIR could make sure their senior management team is a bit more diverse at the same time
    I have no issue whatsoever with a company encouraging diversity and no problem whatsoever with female pilots flying for AIR because I know they'll have to come up through the old fashioned flight school methodology of rigorous training AIR has. If they're good enough bring it on provided they're not promoted within the company's pilot ranks based on their gender, (standard system of evaluating promotion must surely apply right across the board for all employees).
    I wouldn't want to be a passenger on an AIR N.Z. A320 landing at Wellington in a fierce storm if I knew a pilot had been promoted artificially quickly up from flying turboprops just because of race, creed, religion, a quota system or gender would you ? One of the benefits of flying AIR in those circumstances is you know the captain in charge will have thousands of hours of hands on flying experience dating right back to flying Cessna's or their equivalent at flight school. The same cannot necessarily be said about Jetstar pilots who may have got their wings based in large part based on their performance in flight simulators.

Mate I don't really understand your apparent obsession with diversity but I am happy to accept that we all have our various idiosyncrasies and viewpoints and are perfectly entitled to hold them.

Happy to leave it to others to wrap their heads around the latest mysteries of the technological cryptocurrency universe, too tough for this old dog to learn fancy new tricks like that lol.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have no issue whatsoever with a company encouraging diversity and no problem whatsoever with female pilots flying for AIR because I know they'll have to come up through the old fashioned flight school methodology of rigorous training AIR has. If they're good enough bring it on provided they're not promoted within the company's pilot ranks based on their gender, (standard system of evaluating promotion must surely apply right across the board for all employees).

Mate I don't really understand your apparent obsession with diversity but I am happy to accept that we all have our various idiosyncrasies and viewpoints and are perfectly entitled to hold them.

Not that I really want to take part in the diversity dicussion but found it interesting that on a recent domestic AIR flight we had an all female crew of pilot, co-pilot and 2 cabin crew. That was a first for me and good to see. Not that I noticed much difference in my travel experience :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not that I really want to take part in the diversity dicussion but found it interesting that on a recent domestic AIR flight we had an all female crew of pilot, co-pilot and 2 cabin crew. That was a first for me and good to see. Not that I noticed much difference in my travel experience :-)
    As long as they earn their money and are not artificially promoted and exercise all care and skill I am happy...for your viewing pleasure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0jnahV81AU I reckon the pilots earn their money on days like that