sharetrader
Page 888 of 891 FirstFirst ... 388788838878884885886887888889890891 LastLast
Results 17,741 to 17,760 of 17802

Thread: AIR NZ

I will be booking the new AIR BUS with Singapore Air the whole way next time not the NZ AIR to singapore connecting if possible. Another article in stuff showed the pretty shocking state of lack PPE on AIR NZ international flights compared to full PPE on some other air lines. Who ever is in charge at AIR on this needs to fired. Of course no one gets fired in NZ over any of this and if you suggest there is complete incompetence going all the way to the top you get email. Joyce will by now be in a bunker as the army of supporters descend on his mansion singing songs of the long road and waving big red flags.

and i will check my notifications box .... lucky our created technology is now euro based else i could get run out of dodge.

will still fly AIR to wellington in August to visit the NZSO.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...itude-to-virus

DISC: Travel for mainly business as our technology created here is now euro based and wont be travelling back until 2022. Skype and ZOOM plus HTTP can move our designs between continents.
    Last edited by Waltzingironmansinlgescul; 29-06-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Aunty Cindy asked u all not to travel for overseas holidays otherwise u all need to pay for the quarantine...

Also donate all your ticket ehh.. our nation needs u all!

https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/fly-well

JetStar making free masks and sanitizing wipes available upon request. From a safety point of view it would appear they are the ones offering premium service in N.Z. now. If I fly domestically this year I will back the company that takes customer's health concerns seriously but frankly I have little interest in flying anywhere...travel by private car has never looked so good and with AIR's RPK's down 97% in May it would appear the vast majority agree with my point of view !
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-06-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

There are so many cars and trucks on the road these days I rather stay home or fly if I wants to go outstations. Traffics everywhere when compared with the pass few months. Have to support all those poor AIR shareholders.

Hold AIR

"Aunty Cindy asked u all not to travel for overseas holidays otherwise u all need to pay for the quarantine...

Also donate all your ticket ehh.. our nation needs u all!"

your assuming travels are holidays... they are not 100% for us. Wont be travelling until 2022 but not on AIR NZ. Which is a pitty because the last leg from singapore last august was fabulous. The crew were well above average and the food was also great.

"
    There are so many cars and trucks on the road these days "

well thats what i though or prehaps its just lock down and cycling everyday has created that impression.
    Last edited by Waltzingironmansinlgescul; 29-06-2020 at 08:43 PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ndemic-pm-says
    so, its too dangerous to open up the borders. yet punters in AIR think it will all be okay; up 5%

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12344482

After raising nearly $3 Billion the Kangaroo is freshly energised, back here and ready to throw its weight around.

I am expecting them to take full advantage of their very strong financial position.

hmmm but i dont want to fly them "Q K" to singapore. terrible service last time i fly them.. that was a long time ago and dont want to go back..prehaps QK is better these decades.

AIR has halted flights to Melbourne for 2 weeks
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12344611

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    hmmm but i dont want to fly them "Q K" to singapore. terrible service last time i fly them.. that was a long time ago and dont want to go back..prehaps QK is better these decades.
    QK is the code for Jazz, a Canadian Regional Airline.
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    AIR has halted flights to Melbourne for 2 weeks
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12344611
    Melbourne Airport is shut for [at least] two weeks from today, 1-July (exactly 50 years since it opened ) because the Aussies are even worse at quarantining arrivals than Kiwis.
    om mani peme hum

CEO Butch Analytics Ltd winner69's Avatar

Today at the hearing into the Wellington airport expansion, the Wellington airport gave evidence that they and airnz expect things to be back to normal flight levels, with a covid19 vaccine, by 2021.

Let's see if this optimistic prediction ages well.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Today at the hearing into the Wellington airport expansion, the Wellington airport gave evidence that they and airnz expect things to be back to normal flight levels, with a covid19 vaccine, by 2021.

calendar months thats only six away but are they meaning financial year?
    if it was specifically just for WLG then its possible I guess maybe, probably not tho.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

CEO Butch Analytics Ltd winner69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    calendar months thats only six away but are they meaning financial year?
    if it was specifically just for WLG then its possible I guess maybe, probably not tho.
    Extension of WLG runway into Cook Strait ludicrous plan but they seem he’ll bent on pissing off the locals in still pursuing it.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

Extension of WLG runway into Cook Strait ludicrous plan but they seem he’ll bent on pissing off the locals in still pursuing it.
    It's a combination of local politicians wanting a legacy project, and their erroneous assumption that carriers were lining up to fly long haul to Wellington pre-covid. Infratil didn't even want to even stump up their full share of the project cost compared to their equity in the airport company, which tells you how much return they expect to see from it.

Singapore Airlines had to be subsidised by Wellington ratepayers to fly the Singapore-Melbourne-Wellington route, to the tune of $800,000 per year. Air NZ has stated they have no interest in flying long haul out of Wellington with a runway extension, and that was all in pre-covid times. Seems like a huge expenditure for questionable and uncertain gains.

An effective vaccine distributed throughout the world and to a level that is effective herd immunity by 2021 let alone during 2021. Not going to happen on that time line. Don't have the verified trial completed of a vaccine yet....

Foran's 800 day plan is for travel to be back to 70% by August 2022. I think he's very optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    An effective vaccine distributed throughout the world and to a level that is effective herd immunity by 2021 let alone during 2021. Not going to happen on that time line. Don't have the verified trial completed of a vaccine yet....
    This is a big point a large number of people don't understand.. pointless to preach this since most in the investing community don't have a scientific background so don't actually understand how these things work.

Especially cringe when I hear CNBC news telling me the market went up on VACCINE HOPE!@!@

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Still pissed off with Air NZ. So flying Jetstar tomorrow. Cheaper.
    Safer, (free mask and wipes upon request) and cheaper. As for the AIR share price all I can say is that its pretty obvious the second round of stimulus cheques have started to flow

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Safer, (free mask and wipes upon request) and cheaper. As for the AIR share price all I can say is that its pretty obvious the second round of stimulus cheques have started to flow
    The last week of July is the cut off for the US stimulus cheques so lets see if that has any effect on the market in time. A lot of people are risk adverse now on flying, no one in my family wants to re-engage with the world let alone flying anywhere ...