sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    According to the “black box” data found in the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft, the airspeed indicator malfunctioned on its last four flights but was replaced( by another faulty one?)
    Also suggests an "experienced "pilot should be able to deal with it.
    Boeing issues safety bulletin on 737 Max aircraft following Lion Air ...https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/7/....karta-indonesi...

2:02Warning on Boeing 737 Max planes after Indonesia crash | Watch ...
    As this unfortunate event has nothing to do with Air New Zealand and they do not fly this type of plane I do not see the relevence of your post here.

Furthermore if you wish to discuss this somewhere else I suggest that you reference industry related sources and stop incorrectly re-interpreting what you read to suit your biases.

There is a known sequence of events and over the coming months more factual evidence should be uncovered.

Everything else is currently conjecture.
    om mani peme hum

IMO

Sorry im not starting another thread up. I agree that the facts will be found and a conclusion reached,everything else is conjecture, guesswork, opinion, surmise etc. I don't believe im incorrectly interpreting anything as its my opinion based on what ive seen and read. Im not saying it is inexperienced pilot error(how could i) but thats one factor to be debated along with faulty instruments. There are thousands of 737's out there and AIR uses them too.. I believe AIR is rock solid with its pilot training but other airlines are not. Refer to Jantars link . It is indeed tragedy.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-11-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Default Air Asia Quits N.Z.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    What are you buying? The disappearing seats?

If you are however referring to AIR ... do you think one competitor less will compensate for the jet fuel price and RR engine risks?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Air New Zealand working with ATR to develop hybrid electric planes

ATR chief executive Stefan Bortoli said the company believed turboprop technology would be an essential part the future of air transport.

''Hybrid and electric aircraft clearly are in that way forward. The combination of ATR and Air New Zealand jointly exploring the huge opportunities and implications on the whole regional aviation ecosystem is the perfect team,'' he said.
    Air transport commentator Onion speculated that "The planes would be equipped with pedals in economy class. He expects that Air New Zealand will reward AirPoints customers based on the effort they put in, particularly during takeoff." He rebuffed speculation that the planes would have Team New Zealand style cycling pedestals as seen the last Americas Cup contest.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    What are you buying? The disappearing seats?

If you are however referring to AIR ... do you think one competitor less will compensate for the jet fuel price and RR engine risks?
    Have you noticed that the oil price has collapsed by over 20% in the last few weeks and is now in bear market territory ?
    They are coping quite well with managing their way through the RR issue and the stat's for September were very impressive including RPK's up by ~ 6%.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Have you noticed that the oil price has collapsed by over 20% in the last few weeks and is now in bear market territory ?
    They are coping quite well with managing their way through the RR issue and the stat's for September were very impressive including RPK's up by ~ 6%.
    Fair enough - though I wouldn't be brave enough to predict what the oil price is doing in a month or three ; I am sure we could have lots of fun with a mixture out of Iran sanctions and a weakened de-facto ruler of Saudi Arabia.

But yes, while I don't like AIR's management attitudes (many of them selling their shares as they get them) they are a well managed company paying a good dividend.

Anyway - currently moving my funds slowly into somewhat lower beta investments - and not sure I'd see any airline as top contender in that regard.

Leaves more shares to buy for you ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Fair enough - though I wouldn't be brave enough to predict what the oil price is doing in a month or three ; I am sure we could have lots of fun with a mixture out of Iran sanctions and a weakened de-facto ruler of Saudi Arabia.

But yes, while I don't like AIR's management attitudes (many of them selling their shares as they get them) they are a well managed company paying a good dividend.

Anyway - currently moving my funds slowly into somewhat lower beta investments - and not sure I'd see any airline as top contender in that regard.

Leaves more shares to buy for you ;

Agreed but that's what they have an extensive hedging program for. Happy with a modest stake for the reason highlighted.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Agreed but that's what they have an extensive hedging program for. Happy with a modest stake for the reason highlighted.
    Ahh, you never stay out for too long!
    Three 787's still out of service, have heard they plan to get one more flying before Christmas... Engine availability dependant off course.
    TEN engines remain a concern for me.. As far as I am aware they are limited 500 cycles only before they are sent back to Rolls for inspections and rework.. .. This is why NZM is at the moment one of the aircraft parked up...
    First A321 NEO arrived this week due in service later this month..
    Personally can't stand the new safety video.. and the HR rainbow diversity claptrap which has enveloped the whole organization at the moment... If you think HGH take all cultural and sexual diversity too far... They have nothing on what's happening at AIR..