sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    As I said....Jacinda seemed to be well in the loop on the changes. Even tho it is a publicly owned company. She would have been better to have “not known”. IMO.
    And if it is correct that the government, thru their share holding in AIR have bought pressure on domestic fares...then I wonder what happens when they turn their attention to power prices ?
    Could this happen ?

And if it is correct that the government, thru their share holding in AIR have bought pressure on domestic fares...then I wonder what happens when they turn their attention to power prices ?
    Could this happen ?
    Govt have come out this morning said they have nothing to do with this. Electricity review has already reached conclusions that doesn't support any fear of your latter suggestion.
    I'm with Raz that this is mostly a marketing stunt. I will be looking for signs from Chris Luxon at the annual result that they are taking the relentless cost creep this company faces seriously and taking the appropriate actions. Very sad that a few years ago QAN and AIR share prices were the same and now QAN is more than double. They're doing some things that AIR clearly are not.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Govt have come out this morning said they have nothing to do with this. Electricity review has already reached conclusions that doesn't support any fear of your latter suggestion.
    I'm with Raz that this is mostly a marketing stunt. I will be looking for signs from Chris Luxon at the annual result that they are taking the relentless cost creep this company faces seriously and taking the appropriate actions. Very sad that a few years ago QAN and AIR share prices were the same and now QAN is more than double. They're doing some things that AIR clearly are not.
    I suppose they would. I think we would be naive to think that they have not had some input. No matter what they say.
    https://youtu.be/WuJQD-wTvUA

I suppose they would. I think we would be naive to think that they have not had some input. No matter what they say.
    Normally I'd agree with you mate but I think bulldog Jones has been too busy running multiple lolly scrambles throughout the country to bother.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

No doubt people will think what they want to think - depends on their conspiracy setting.

At least in part will be trying to fill otherwise empty seats I would have thought, so not necessarily losing money as such.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...125/295736.pdf
    Looking at operating stat's for January and year to date load factors and RPK's you'd be forgiven for wondering why AIR cut their forecast so much

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...125/295736.pdf
    Looking at operating stat's for January and year to date load factors and RPK's you'd be forgiven for wondering why AIR cut their forecast so much
    Short haul not that strong ...or as strong as previous months
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Short haul not that strong ...or as strong as previous months
    Must be time to bait a few people with a few cheap domestic fares

That yield looks pretty worrying. 0% growth in short haul RASK, while there was growth in load factor and with the announcement of the cheapest fares dropping.

Could be in for a wild ride.