sharetrader
Page 6 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

quote:What do you guys consider to be the important criteria that should be observed?
    Quality of the hostie's thigh?

Had a flight back from Nelson on Sunday, we had a planeload of happily hungover sporting types, the hostie was a champion though, a great sport. Big ups to her.

Waiting for the day when they can get you on and off the plane with no human contact whatsoever.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

extrmemly stubborn old man of mine thinks it will rise from ashes. I tried to talk him out of subsucribing to the rights but he seems determined. I think its throwing good money after bad. thoughs any long suffering holders?

THE KING says the feeling THE KING gets is the average KIWI dose not CARE.. [^]

Anyone have research report of the valuation on AIRNZ from a broker? Would be interested to find out what the broker recommendations and valuation is.

This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

quote:Originally posted by Benlamnz

extrmemly stubborn old man of mine thinks it will rise from ashes. I tried to talk him out of subsucribing to the rights but he seems determined. I think its throwing good money after bad. thoughs any long suffering holders?
    Haven't held AIR for a long time (last sold out in 95), and I have no intention of buying back in, but i would have to say if anyone could turn it around, then Ralph Norris strikes me as the guy who can.
    Disc: JWI, VCT, VCT010

Stainless Steel Rat - slipping between the cracks.

quote:Originally posted by Placebo

Here's another cloud on the horizon. AIR are one of only 2 confirmed buyers for the new Boeing 7E7. Airbus has now announced it will produce a rival 250-seat twin-aisle widebody based on its existing A330. Boeing is doing its best to shoot it down. The question is, will AIR be left with a dud on its hands?
    I have a number of friends who are Air NZ pilots and they tell some horrific stories about "Scarebuses". Save to say that Boeing has always built aircraft that are designed by pilots, from a pilot's perspective. Airbus has built aircraft that are designed by engineers, from an engineer's perspective.

As a simple example, to release the autopilot in a Boeing 747, the pilot hits a "kill" switch on the control yolk. To do the same thing in an Airbus 320 requires three separate hand movements with both hands.

Personally, i wouldn't be too worried about the new Boeing aircraft.
    Disc: JWI, VCT, VCT010

Stainless Steel Rat - slipping between the cracks.

Air NZ is very competitive from the UK
    They have the cheapest flights to NZ

Currently have a deal for 1900 pounds rtn Business
    or 599 economy

which is 5000 and 1700 NZD

“If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

quote:Originally posted by Major von Tempsky

Cave. Cave. Caveat emptor.
    Read the appendix at the back of Buffettology. Airlines are listed as a commodity stock i.e. low or no barriers to entry, undifferentiated product, heavy price competition. Buffett avoids them like the plague.
    How many airlines have you seen hit the wall in the US and around the world?
    Air NZ will be ruthlessly crunched by Qantas and low cost operators just as RyanAir etc etc have deflated British Air.
    I received some stuff from J B Were advocating buying Air NZ about a month ago. I laughed. I'm laughing harder than ever - co-operation with Qantas out the window, cash issue coming up, gloves off with Singapore Airlines, competitors girding up.....
    I think I might frame the J B Were letter and hang it on the wall for reference at dinner parties for a good joke....
    I am not so sure about "low or no barrier" to entry. New airlines have great difficulty in picking up a landing slots especially in Japan. There are no domestic discount fliers in Japan as they can't get landing slots and the govt. is protecting the current operators. Not suprisingly flying domestically is pretty expensive.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Banned

Does anyone know about AIR's cargo business?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

quote:Originally posted by donner

Does anyone know about AIR's cargo business?
    NO, we usually travel in the passenger cabin

om mani peme hum