Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Suppose this job comes with a Beamer

https://jobs.airnewzealand.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=5PUol

Love this bit in the ad

Whāia te pae tawhiti kia tata.

Ko te pae tata whakamaua, kia tina.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://jobs.airnewzealand.co.nz/jobdetails?ajid=Jmuol

This one more up the hounds alley of expertise...shame its not a permanent position.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

This one more up the hounds alley of expertise...shame its not a permanent position.
    Though I am not sure the underwriting slogan

is a good fit for bean counters Too much big picture stuff ... but who knows - maybe they need some creative accounting ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

That sounds so boring mate

Why settle on less than you are capable off .....this role is up your alley ......you already doing it for them .....just refer them to some posts here ....ang get $200k plus a year for doing it

Better brush up (or start learning) on your Maori Te Reo ...they seem pretty keen on that

Too hard to teach an old dog new tricks mate, like your idea about referring them to my posts on here for $200K per annum though
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Too hard to teach an old dog new tricks mate, like your idea about referring them to my posts on here for $200K per annum though
    The new tricks bit ...is that Maori Te Reo

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The new tricks bit ...is that Maori Te Reo
    LOL how'd you guess.

Have to agree to disagree on this one janner. Whilst you make a valid point about the modest number of people visiting Antarctica consider that of the millions of people that visit N.Z. perhaps something like one million visit Fiordland or at least well over one million could easily access it from their trip to Queenstown.
    This number could be expanded considerably, (i.e. there is a valid present and real reason to promote Fiordland) and as such this represents a commercial promotion not just a lot of environmental greenwashing and they're not stepping on thousands of people's toes doing it.

Riding snowmobiles for fun and burning hydrocarbons in Antarctica isn't a good look in that video, sort of scoring an own goal on the environmental message in my opinion.

Chris Luxon needs a serious reality check. Fact AIR's estimated fuel consumption off their latest fuel hedge disclosure for 1H FY19 is 4,800,000 barrels of fuel. If that continues to 2H FY19 they will burn 1,526,400,000 liters of jet fuel in FY19. (No that figure is not a typo, over 1.5 billion liters of jet fuel !).
    No amount of greenwashing can disguise the fact that all airlines are HUGE polluters.
    AIR should stick to messaging that they have a young relatively fuel efficient fleet, that makes FAR more difference than anything else they can or will do.

As for resuming flights over Antarctica...you must be kidding surely ! I don't think the N.Z. public would ever have the stomach for that.
    P.S. The number of people that died climbing Everest or who died on the roads that year is completely irrelevant.

Just let sleeping wolves lie otherwise AIR will get bitten.
    Roger, I beleive the average age of the New Zealand population at this time is 38 or thereabouts. That means that more people than not were born after the incident you refer to. I for one would like to see Antarctica one day, and would feel a bit 'ripped off' that I may not get the chance to do so, simply because your feelings might get hurt if Air was to offer such a service? How many years is an appropriate cooling off period to be? Should my generation and I be deprived of opportunity to see Antarctica?

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    Roger, I beleive the average age of the New Zealand population at this time is 38 or thereabouts. That means that more people than not were born after the incident you refer to. I for one would like to see Antarctica one day, and would feel a bit 'ripped off' that I may not get the chance to do so, simply because your feelings might get hurt if Air was to offer such a service? How many years is an appropriate cooling off period to be? Should my generation and I be deprived of opportunity to see Antarctica?
    How long is a piece of string ? Cruise ship and get up nice and close to the Ice shelf or take a trip to Bounes Aires which more or less flies over the Antarctic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Must be good sales reps if they get big beamers to joy around in. Are they sign written?

Don’t know what AIR sales rep actually does but a Suzuki Swift sounds good enough.

But if it’s about turning up at AIR sponsored events maybe a Beamer is the thing.

Does seem an extravagance though.
    You haven't seen this lot party.. was in Queenstown same time as them last year...extravagance is the right word :-)