sharetrader
Page 1000 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 5009009509909969979989991000100110021003100410101050110015002000 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,000 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

NZD falling below USD0.69

Does this impact AIR much or do they have so many natural hedges it doesn't matter
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It seems that with some doubt cast on NPAT vs guidance and the stalled SP, caution is warranted. That's if one cares about the SP, though some seem not to, given confidence in sustained dividends.
    PT is the only one casting doubt on here. I think Tony Carter and the board are committed to the highest standards of integrity and if they thought that based on year to date data and known forward bookings that the profit before tax was going to fall outside the guidance range they would have updated the market to that effect already. We are almost half way through the FY17 year and the fact that they haven't updated guidance speaks for itself. SP is still holding about the 100 day MA and well above that for those like me that chose to use an special dividend adjusted calculation. Dividends look pretty safe to me.

W69 - Not a concern at this point, 3 expensive ~ (U.S.$150m each), Dreamliners just arrived. Currency not at too much of a variance from expectations at this stage and they have forward cover and natural hedges.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe an opportunity for Trilogy

Get AIR to hand out the special lotions on long haul flights so everybody arrives with glowing healthy skin.

Trilogy need all the help it can get
    Trilogy yesterday's news. Sleepwear infused with sea kelp is now "all the rage" mate. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11771588
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Trilogy yesterday's news. Sleepwear infused with sea kelp is now "all the rage" mate. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11771588
    enough to make you fly 1st class

Hope raz gives us a report on how good these pjs are

IMO

Wow! Never been in first class but thought you could be moisturised by an air hostess there. There goes another fantasy dealt to by kelp!
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-12-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    enough to make you fly 1st class

Hope raz gives us a report on how good these pjs are
    I priced return first class flights for Mr and Mrs Hound to London next July on Emirates website. $30,065
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2016 at 03:52 PM.

I priced return first class flights for Mr and Mrs Hound to London next July on Emirates website. $30,065
    Go on - your AIR divies will pay for it

The Residence on Etihad from Brisbane - London - Brisbane is $48,719 plus whatever it takes to get from Auckland (say $50,000). Go on Roger, you deserve it.
    Setup a 'give-a-little' page, I'm sure Boysy and others will kick in a dollar or two! Couta1 might even donate half his divvy!

If you have to ask the price, you cant afford it :-) there's so much more holiday I could have on that extra $20k, or even add $10k more AIR shares at the cost of 48 hours of pain.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Baa Baa Blah Blah Lah Lah Ding Dong Merrily On High

PT is the only one casting doubt on here. I think Tony Carter and the board are committed to the highest standards of integrity and if they thought that based on year to date data and known forward bookings that the profit before tax was going to fall outside the guidance range they would have updated the market to that effect already. We are almost half way through the FY17 year and the fact that they haven't updated guidance speaks for itself. SP is still holding about the 100 day MA and well above that for those like me that chose to use an special dividend adjusted calculation. Dividends look pretty safe to me.

W69 - Not a concern at this point, 3 expensive ~ (U.S.$150m each), Dreamliners just arrived. Currency not at too much of a variance from expectations at this stage and they have forward cover and natural hedges.
    I am not casting doubt on anything.
    I provided some solid numbers derived from AIR supplied data.
    I was asked a question about same and I answered it and also provided what is a more likely scenario, which is inline with your dreams.

But I get accused of casting doubt.

I demand that you return my Christmas Card promptly.

BTW I have flown in first class, on AIR on a 747. It was a free upgrade from business.
    The seat pitch was so great that you had to call the hostess to get and put stuff in your seat pocket for you.

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays If You Are Into That Sort Of Thing
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum