sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well the new year should bring cheer to you long suffering AIR shareholders,as the share price $2.195, has now gone up through both the 100 day EMA $2.08, and the 200 day EMA $2.19.
    Enjoy your flight.
    FL320 again would be nice
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Back to +$2 by years end with that announcement. Been topping up on close everyday for last week.
    From 12/10/16. Bought another 22,000 on 13/10/16, some were at 1.715 during the day. Will let you know the profit/loss made on this stock in the next couple days over the break. Now back to the beach Happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    From 12/10/16. Bought another 22,000 on 13/10/16, some were at 1.715 during the day. Will let you know the profit/loss made on this stock in the next couple days over the break. Now back to the beach Happy new year.
    Well done mate, you're as cunning as a hungry beagle dog.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Be a lot of very happy holders.!!!

Heading that way eh

This uptrend has real legs - 171 to 220 is good - but only the start of a climb to 250 and then 300.

Not even euphoric yet

but wouldn't take much to drop to 150 as per that long cyclical chart that keeps popping up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Heading that way eh

This uptrend has real legs - 171 to 220 is good - but only the start of a climb to 250 and then 300.

Not even euphoric yet

but wouldn't take much to drop to 150 as per that long cyclical chart that keeps popping up
    ha depends on your position, I was euphoric to book a a similar gain on 100k share that I sold pre xmas. Nice to see Winner on the fence.. many would kill looking at the results on this forum here to make a legitimate 50 cents true gain :-) Still have 200k shares not on the fence :-)

Heading that way eh...

Not even euphoric yet...
    http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...07/financials/ Average analyst forecast for FY18, (when the full effects of all competition will be felt) is 29.3 cps and the ten year average PE for AIR is 11. 29.3 x 11 =.... yeap you guessed it ~ FL320
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Enter this - you just might win (at myexpense)

https://www.iflya380.com/contest
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Thanks for the info Winner.

Scorecard for 2016. I had AIR in my ledger at $2.90 in December 2015 and closed today at $2.195. Adding back 45 cents in fully imputed dividends received this year gets me to $2.645 in value so on a gross annual basis down 8.8%, (ignoring the fact I tweaked my holding during the year from time to time), for the year against the NZX50 gross index according to NBR finishing the year up 9%, so relative underperformance of 17.8% for the year and plenty of time to lick my wounds over the holidays and ponder the future for 2017.

The hound learned a very valuable lesson this year. I'm too old to dog paddle against the tide. Much easier swimming with the tide. When TA says get out, you GET OUT and ignore how good the FA seems even if its screaming at you to buy more ! KW even sent me a personal e.mail warning me when it was $2.80 going down. Wish I'd listened to her advice. Never mind...the hound can put her valuable investment principle's into practice in the future. Pain from losses is a great teacher and sometimes good for the soul to take a large dose of humility pills which is what I also got with this one this year so a more circumspect hound goes into 2017 with greater respect for TA discipline !

Disc:- Hold, AIR in a recovering uptrend in my opinion.

Happy new year and best wishes to all for a prosperous and sucessful 2017.
    Hey Roger Happy New Year!

I have done ok with my Air NZ shares so far in part thanks to following your postings thank you. i am interested to hear you are a TA advocate. I am keen to learn more about TA as I think it would have helped me get out of the likes of Wynyard sooner instead of watching the sinking ship go down and hoping it would re float . So I have just downloaded some TA books from Amazon for my New Years reading

Advanced Member

Enter this - you just might win (at myexpense)

https://www.iflya380.com/contest
    Qantas seem to be having problems with one of their 380's in Dubai , a lot of unhappy people missing New Year in Sydney .