sharetrader
Page 101 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

They've got deep pockets over there in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    They sure have, Emirates ordered 50 new A380 airbuses the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

100 billion of orders to Boeing this week

Emirates 150 odd 777s whatever they are

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...aiairshow.html

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post
    I travel on 777-200ERs to and from HK mostly and they are very tired IMO. A few years ago, they were spanking new and fabulous; now I often find seats and controllers in economy are broken & just looking worn. The business class cubicles have not fared well, with what looks like polyfilla in worn areas for some time now. Can't remember being in an AirNZ 767 so no comment about those.
    Having said that, I suspect the US routes are more up-to-date; I get the feeling that's their focus and perhaps where the $ is.
    Yes, some of the 777-200ER's are looking quite tired but they are all scheduled to be refurbished beginning in early 2014. IMO this should be done immediately, but I guess AirNZ may have deferred this upgrade for cashflow or logistical reasons.

I do wonder whether the new white coloured BP seats in the 777-300ER's will weather well, compared to the brown coloured seats which tend to hide scuff-marks/damage much better. This might lower the lifespan of the product and hence raise costs. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post
    Business AKL to LHR return last month - ~NZD11k on NZ (would have been 777s all the way I think & similar price whichever route) vs ~NZD8k on SG (mix of 777 and A380 via Singapore). There appeared to be plenty of spare seats on AirNZ very close to departure (as a shareholder at the time, I was very interested so I kept and eye on it).
    That's a very good price via Singapore, more comparable to the BP specials on AirNZ. Well done! The Oneup upgrades usually take a few empty seats from BP as do recognition upgrades, but I do get the feeling that the revenue team purposefully hold back some Oneup upgrades that otherwise would have made it, just to ensure that the system isn't being gamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    That's a very good price via Singapore, more comparable to the BP specials on AirNZ. Well done!
    Thanks, but it was no great achievement. You could get the same fare of NZD8,522.58 next week if you like, vs AirNZ for NZD10,997.48. Incidentally, Emirates will get you there for NZD9,904 - will stop with the fares right there as I'm not WebJet

I'll also take this opportunity to stop going on about this - my observations are not the whole picture and I have no desire to attack our national airline (privatised or not). I had my concerns, exited happy and genuinely wish the best for remaining holders - just wanted to add something towards the 'other side' of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I find Jetstar web site easier to use, and Jetstar deals are better than AIR's.
    Would not buy Qantas shares however.
    Jetstar let you down in my experience. They have no qualms about cancelling a flight.
    However I am also of the opinion that anecdotes don't provide a valid analysis for evaluating a company as an investment
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

AIR sell down completed at 1.65.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11159607

IMO, This is quite bullish. Most sell-downs have a discount.

Guru

I cannot fathom that at all. How do the govt manage to do that. They got top price for MRP, near top for MELCA and now top price for AIR. Why would anyone want to buy at 1.65 in this placement when they were readily available on market at 1.65. Supply has now increased significantly and I cannot see them go up in the near future. Puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I cannot fathom that at all. How do the govt manage to do that. They got top price for MRP, near top for MELCA and now top price for AIR. Why would anyone want to buy at 1.65 in this placement when they were readily available on market at 1.65. Supply has now increased significantly and I cannot see them go up in the near future. Puzzling.
    For many institutions AIR would have been unattractive prior to the sell down because:
    1. Liquidity was poor
    2. They knew a sell down was coming and just needed to wait. They probably thought they could get the shares at a discount.

These 2 factors are gone now. Also, the free float has nearly doubled. This means AIR will move up the indexes. Expect institutions to be buying in for this reason as well.

Most brokers think AIR is cheap at these levels. Consider this, AIR is trading at less than half the PE ratio of the power companies. At least AIR has potential for growth. Thus I don't think the government have got top price.

Come election time, I reckon AIR will be the only SOE float in the black.
    Last edited by noodles; 19-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Advanced Member

So when are you going to sell up Belg :-))