sharetrader
Page 102 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post
    Thanks, but it was no great achievement. You could get the same fare of NZD8,522.58 next week if you like, vs AirNZ for NZD10,997.48. Incidentally, Emirates will get you there for NZD9,904 - will stop with the fares right there as I'm not WebJet

I'll also take this opportunity to stop going on about this - my observations are not the whole picture and I have no desire to attack our national airline (privatised or not). I had my concerns, exited happy and genuinely wish the best for remaining holders - just wanted to add something towards the 'other side' of the debate.
    FYI Just looked up the load factors on those SQ flights and there is plenty of availability on the ones returning $8.5K, while NZ are showing moderate to low availability for the same period. NZ do price their product higher but perhaps that is in the belief that theirs is superior? Anyway yes, anxious that this doesn't turn into a beat up too. Whatever NZ are doing is obviously working overall as things are looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    If you want a big stake 5% or more, try buying that on-market when there's less than 10% being traded over the entire year.
    Yes, that's too true.

Will be interesting to see where the price heads tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Yes, that's too true.

Will be interesting to see where the price heads tomorrow!
    well, if it goes higher, that muppet (beaker, if I recall) and the guy in the seaweed suit who lead the opposition will probably drag out the 'firesale' comment again. I haven't heard if pumpkinhead Cosgrove has had anything to say - probably told to shut up by the muppet.

Why did the government only sell down to 53% and not to 51%?

Is a capital raising on the horizon?

1.65 is a great price, the overhang has been holding AIR back for a couple of years so good to see it gone at a high price. Expect to see the share price fly higher this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Why did the government only sell down to 53% and not to 51%?

Is a capital raising on the horizon?

1.65 is a great price, the overhang has been holding AIR back for a couple of years so good to see it gone at a high price. Expect to see the share price fly higher this week.

Holding 2% in reserve for employee purchase schemes. I think it was mentioned in one of the NZX announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Holding 2% in reserve for employee purchase schemes. I think it was mentioned in one of the NZX announcements.
    Sorry but that is incorrect - the Airline is buying shares for that purpose, but that has nothing to do with the Govt.

I wonder if Air NZ may announce that it will purchase 3 or 4% of its stock back from the govt (as I have been calling for), bringing the govt stake down to 51%. This would explain the lack of buy-back so far. There is no chance in hell of a capital raising. They have too much cash already!

Re the comments about SQ etc - the truth is Air doesn't want to fly you to Europe - its not profitable for them. Look at the financial performance of SQ... It's a tool for promoting Singapore.. Same for EK and Dubai.

No idea what the share price will do in the short term from here - but very happy this uncertainty has been removed. And very optimistic about how the company is going.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    Sorry but that is incorrect - the Airline is buying shares for that purpose, but that has nothing to do with the Govt.
    I read that too so while it may not be correct, that is the story they used.

Oops - heard from a broker that some retail investors bid aggressively, going for 2 or 3 times what they wanted, expecting to be scaled back.

Instead, they received 95% of what they bid for.

Watch the institutions help these investors off their overbid shares at 5c to 8c discount from the $1.65.

IMO

My broker was ringing me again this morn trying to flog some; nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    My broker was ringing me again this morn trying to flog some; nada.
    Good chance to pick up some soon.