sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just for you I've changed it to a more appropriate user name, hope you like it.
    Nice one mate. I went bird watching last evening at Auckland airport with a lovely set of binoculars my Mum gave me for Christmas. Huge number and variety of AIR birds were looking superb in the warm summer evening sun as they took off and others landed. Very pleasant way to pass an hour or so of time. A real hive of activity. Loaded up my broker call account with some more capital this morning.
    Might look to buy some more if the result is a good sound one like I think it'll be.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-02-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Great idea...I could take Basil and Skippy...there are now three real classes of travel, with kids, without kids and now even better still, without kids but with your favorite dogs
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Herbacious

I suspect my big Jessie-girl would be living up to her name on a flight, but if I had to I'd rather have her in the cabin than have to sedate her, crate her and put her in the hold.

Am I right in my thinking that lower volume than the average volume coupled with an increase in SP is a warning sign? Im thinking that if volume goes up above average then the SP will follow and visa versa. Am I on the right track?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    Am I right in my thinking that lower volume than the average volume coupled with an increase in SP is a warning sign? Im thinking that if volume goes up above average then the SP will follow and visa versa. Am I on the right track?
    It's called the Couta effect, not documented in TA manuals specifically but comparable with divergence where one indicator (volume in this case) contradicts share price movement.

Lol just teasing, it is a divergence, which is a TA warning, but has nothing to do with our friends love affair with AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's called the Couta effect, not documented in TA manuals specifically but comparable with divergence where one indicator (volume in this case) contradicts share price movement.

Lol just teasing, it is a divergence, which is a TA warning, but has nothing to do with our friends love affair with AIR.
    Haha, thanks. So today AIR had significantly lower volume compared to the average and had a slight increase in SP. Does this signal anything or is a one off event ok. What i mean is, to see actual divergence, do we see it appear over time rather than over a single trading day.

Haha, thanks. So today AIR had significantly lower volume compared to the average and had a slight increase in SP. Does this signal anything or is a one off event ok. What i mean is, to see actual divergence, do we see it appear over time rather than over a single trading day.
    Too much staring and trying to read the tea leaves is bad for your eyes, much more fun bird watching at the airport. All will be revealed on 23 February.

Membaa

You're talking TA now, any divergence is a warning, either way, if it continues over time the warning is re-enforced or strengthening.

This may just be a simple indication of lower volume punters, relative to the bigger funds/brokers, lining up for the excellent dividend regardless of share price.

The long holds will be loving the exposure to dividends earnings and less concerned about day to day share price movements.

That's probably the difference between capital sensitive investors and longer term earnings oriented investors.

Makes sense. Thanks everyone. I think Im more of an earnings kinda guy. But just trying to understand all sides really.