sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

If AIR ever allow falcons to buy seats on their planes, will be the day I sell my shares.

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    I suspect my big Jessie-girl would be living up to her name on a flight, but if I had to I'd rather have her in the cabin than have to sedate her, crate her and put her in the hold.
    I'd imagine it would create an extraordinary amount of extra cleaning work for the aircraft interiors. Naughty Basil has been known to love marking his territory so I can't see dogs being allowed in the main cabin as being very practical from an operational perspective with the tight turnaround times airlines are working too these days.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'd imagine it would create an extraordinary amount of extra cleaning work for the aircraft interiors. Naughty Basil has been known to love marking his territory so I can't see dogs being allowed in the main cabin as being very practical from an operational perspective with the tight turnaround times airlines are working too these days.
    I'd never use the fold down tray again!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    Makes sense. Thanks everyone. I think Im more of an earnings kinda guy. But just trying to understand all sides really.
    Follow your Gutometer and may the Air-force be with you.

This guy got the idea after traveling on JetStar

Our mate Christopher probably pleased he and AIR no longer involved with Virgin

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=996367
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

As am I

Really looking forward to AIRs results. I am actually thinking it will be pretty decent and in the upper range of guidance. I know there is increased competition and discounting going on but I cant get past the increase in RPKs and load factors all looking pretty solid. Domestic being the good income earner that is has been is only 0.1% lower load factor despite >7% increase in ASKs and RPKs and >5% increase in passenger numbers.

Internationally stats are looking alright so it will come down to how heavy the discounting is impacting on revenue but from my perspective looking at pricing yes there has been some good bargains but follow through on looking at them and it seems the numbers are limited.

Thinking about buying some more but AIR has a decent bite at times and I am a bit shy as a result.....

I hear that Air NZ have formed a tiger team to come up with plans to mitigate any potential damage under different scenarios if Trump's actions change the way the world travels.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I hear that Air NZ have formed a tiger team to come up with plans to mitigate any potential damage under different scenarios if Trump's actions change the way the world travels.
    Added to which, the CEO's of the big 3 international airlines in the USA (Delta, American, United) have jointly approached the Government to review the 'Open Skies' policy that (so they say) have unfairly advantaged the big Middle Eastern Airlines (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar) and the supposed help they get from their Governments.

Who knows what policies President Trump will suddenly announce that favour the US airlines everywhere. Anything is possible at the moment.

Gearing still at 4.5 times equity after all that capital raised in 2016 Ouch !! I always said that capital raise was the bare minimum. Virgin are still in a vulnerable financial position.
    I am very pleased AIR extricated themselves from any financial association with them. Code sharing is fine but if get into bed with a dog, you wake up with fleas !
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-02-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine