sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Big party in Dunedin tonight as both Air NZ and Jetstar grounded

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...t-in-the-lurch
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Boarding time and exit time on the A320 is longer than the ATR, plus the time to go through security screening (not required on the ATR). Unloading time of the ATR is less than the A320 (fewer bags). Total time from dropoff at Wellington to taxi rank at Christchurch is about the same A320 or ATR. I would rather have the frequency of flights to suit my timetable rather than try and fit in with less flights. Seating on the ATR is fine for 60 minutes and there are none of the dreaded middle seats such as on the A320.
    Sums it up nicely mate. The complainant was probably an only child and spoilt rotten.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Big party in Dunedin tonight as both Air NZ and Jetstar grounded

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...t-in-the-lurch
    Ha as luck would have it all the money in the world can not get you on another flight..good grief!

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/govern...tract-b-199363

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11799517 Interesting difference between how passengers from each airline were treated. Jetstar's back up and so called service standards turning into a fiasco...that's something "new" isn't it !
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-02-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sure although you try to not hack off your frequent, high value clients/customers in any business I'm involved with

Robomo, as frequently flyer, can't relate to that timing at all, also bags coming out are more determine by the number of flights landing concurrently...

Gee, people need to just accept they have the flight options they have because AIR is a business just like others and no doubt balance out the will to keep regulars happy and the bottom line.

The whinny people can go fly Jetstar and really have something to winge about, suck it up cupcake!!

I've flown the ATR 600 heaps of times to Napier which at 217 miles is longer than the sector we're debating. Its a huge step up from the old Fokker F27 Friendship days and vastly quicker than the old DC3 flights I remember.

I think they're a thoroughly modern turboprop and actually prefer seeing the view from 16,000 feet than about 35000 feet in an A320. The only criticism I can think of is the seats are a bit hard. I kind of like the whole turboprop thing getting a whiff of aviation fuel in your nostrils as you walk out on the tarmac.

Advanced Member

Still inappropriate.
    We live in a polite ,respectful country.
    Have in-laws from the states staying with us-atm touring the country and spending lots us dollars.
    I felt proud when they commentated how polite people were-starting at customs.
    They wondered why we had no intention of visiting the states!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Still inappropriate.
    We live in a polite ,respectful country.
    Have in-laws from the states staying with us-atm touring the country and spending lots us dollars.
    I felt proud when they commentated how polite people were-starting at customs.
    They wondered why we had no intention of visiting the states!
    At the other end of the spectrum is the excess PC and Preciousness that has infiltrated our society making it a less enjoyable place to live than it once was.