sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    Hi Roger. Not sure on your comment re 787 freight capacity. The holds are a similar size to the 767. Whilst the aircraft may be able to carry more weight than the 767 they are still falling short capacity wise especially long haul..
    Hi RtFQ,

According to Wiki they list the cargo capacity of a 767 as 86.9 cubic meters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_767#767-300ER

According to Boeing they list the cargo capacity of a 787-9 at 154.4 cubic meters http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787/

I was told at the 2014 annual meeting that in real world operational environment taking into account AIR "pushes" the range and load of these aircraft, the Dreamliners typically have three times the cargo capacity. Accepted that on the face of it the space is 154.4 / 86.9 = 78% more.

Thank you for your blessing see weed, all blessings are gratefully received but I will nonetheless finish that buy order off one way or the other today including at market at the close if necessary.
    Don't want to tempt fate by having a shareholding size in AIR that ends in a 666

Not sure if this is the start of a run or not but I definitely see them as a solid hold for great dividends over the years ahead at the current price (20 / 213) / 0.72 = 13% gross dividend yield and the next juicy divvy is next month !
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Its interesting what turns up when you start backtracking through topics and chaining together abstract concepts. At some stage Luxton did some homework [or had someone else do it for him..?] and I must say I like the way they were thinking. They have this tech guy in the background [Avi Golan] that's thinking outside the box, and I must say it looks potentially rather interesting.

Would be interesting to see if they are prepared to role up the shirt sleeves and get into deeper levels of Artificial Intelligence.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11797797

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Its interesting what turns up when you start backtracking through topics and chaining together abstract concepts. At some stage Luxton did some homework [or had someone else do it for him..?] and I must say I like the way they were thinking. They have this tech guy in the background [Avi Golan] that's thinking outside the box, and I must say it looks potentially rather interesting.

Would be interesting to see if they are prepared to role up the shirt sleeves and get into deeper levels of Artificial Intelligence.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11797797
    Good stuff eh

Really executing that strategic intent of monotonectally actualizing superior customer service well.

Chris has more up his sleeve
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Does AIR have an active DRIP?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    Does AIR have an active DRIP?
    There's a few of them , namely management who keep selling long term incentive shares at any opportunity .........

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    DC-10s had an under belly stretching problem, and the cargo door used to pop off in flight, due to the force of the tail engine stretching the underside. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    The cargo door opened outward rather than inward - that meant that the hold could contain a greater volume but meant a stronger locking mechanism was required and in the event it failed at high altitude, the failure would be catastrophic as it would cause explosive decompression.

It wa a bad design that lead to 2 explosive decompression that resulted in the loss of 2 aircraft.

The DC10 grounding was caused by a service issue. The maintenance directive was that the wing mounted engine was to be removed from the pylon to be serviced and then the pylon was to be removed. American Airlines was found by the NTSB to have removed the engine and pylon as a unit with a forklift (to reduce the service time) which lead to the May 25, 1979 accident where the engine partially broke off and smashed the port wing apart on takeoff for the loss of 271 souls. The removal process had inadvertently weakened the structure of the attachment.

3 other airlines had used a similar process which the manufacturer had recommended against. The FAA withdrew the type certificate for the aircraft which lead to the worldwide grounding (I also had my first flight delayed by some weeks as well - in the end, I ended up flying in a Qantas 747 to Sydney and from there to Hong Kong. The Air NZ DC10 flight back was absolutely full as delayed passengers finally got a flight home.

potential asset write off.

https://avherald.com/h?article=4a4e5a72&opt=0

she is only 3 years old

Banned

By
    Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    potential asset write off.

https://avherald.com/h?article=4a4e5a72&opt=0

she is only 3 years old
    Probably just a landing strut replacement I'd say.

Thank goodness for insurance.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.