sharetrader
Page 104 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

This one was manipulated for govt to get the maximum. SP might recover next yr, in the mean time riding lower.
    For the newbies, IMO stay clearer until SP settles.
    Last edited by gv1; 20-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    And its index weighting will double which is why, in part, the insto's bid it up. They will probably have to top up a bit more too.
    Overseas instos will buy in when the dust has settled, and when the indexing kicks in.

Meanwhile, a lesson for those who bid aggressively thinking it is easy money!

"Demand is likely to be boosted toward January, when index weightings on the NZX are next reviewed. Air New Zealand's weighting will increase to between 1.4 percent and 1.5 percent from 0.8 percent currently, he said."

A month of anxious waiting ahead?

Mugs, mugs.
    Buffetology (the authoritative book on Warren Buffett) gives a table of industry sectors NOT to invest in. Airlines features prominently. No barriers to entry, heaps of competition, at the mercy of petroleum rises, sudden unexpected passenger fall-offs, government intervention. And look at Air NZs history. I used to own some before I read Buffetology and I'm very pleased I got rid of them then.
    Besides, would you buy ANYTHING from an NZ Govt? They've all been poisoned chalices so far, Telecom, Chorus, Mighty River, Meridian...
    And in the unlikely event that Air NZ was quite successful then ComCom would step in and hit it for six!
    Those institutions and private investors who have bought Air NZ are NUTS! Quite NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Mugs, mugs.
    Buffetology (the authoritative book on Warren Buffett) gives a table of industry sectors NOT to invest in. Airlines features prominently. No barriers to entry, heaps of competition, at the mercy of petroleum rises, sudden unexpected passenger fall-offs, government intervention. And look at Air NZs history. I used to own some before I read Buffetology and I'm very pleased I got rid of them then.
    Besides, would you buy ANYTHING from an NZ Govt? They've all been poisoned chalices so far, Telecom, Chorus, Mighty River, Meridian...
    And in the unlikely event that Air NZ was quite successful then ComCom would step in and hit it for six!
    Those institutions and private investors who have bought Air NZ are NUTS! Quite NUTS!
    I must be a bag of cashews ... just averaged down at 156.5 ....

Good one FH - well in...

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerHamilton View Post
    I must be a bag of cashews ... just averaged down at 156.5 ....
    More like the prince of nuts, macadamia!

Air NZ sale a 'bloody debacle'

A fall in Air New Zealand's share price has provoked anger and dismay among some market players as another government sale left investors nursing short-term losses

However, not everyone shared the concern. Matt Goodson, of Salt Funds Management, who acquired some stock in the offer, said he did not see a problem.
    "If you bid $1.65 for some shares, and you got them, what's your problem?"

It has always struck me with these Govt sales that you are dealing (trading) with someone (Key) who was very successful at this game. High chance of being shafted - exactly as would appear to have occurred with this sale. Well done selling 200 million at the high for the day (so far) on behalf of NZ taxpayers John.

Air Capture.JPG

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    The Smiling Assassin strikes again. In 5 years time, Skycity will be complaining about the raw deal they got given and Labour will bail them out to save jobs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Given every pool got scaled heavily (apparently), where are all the buyers? Or where they just expecting a gift from the government.

Long term holders will be ok (apart for the fact it is an airline). SHort term, not so much.