sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    For the life of me I cannot see what all this United stuff has ANYTHING to do with AIR NZ and how it and what economic issues that might affect Air NZ should be discussed on this forum. Give it a break guys , its pathetic.
    Well, it does. United is part of Star Alliance, as is Air New Zealand. A bad reputation on one airline will have an effect on other members. How AIR responds to this sudden interest in overbooking policy will have an effect on the travelling public, so it is an economic issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Well, it does. United is part of Star Alliance, as is Air New Zealand. A bad reputation on one airline will have an effect on other members. How AIR responds to this sudden interest in overbooking policy will have an effect on the travelling public, so it is an economic issue.
    BS
    Doubt whether our MPs will suddenly switch to J Star
    If you are concerned Robono take a boat and sell AIR
    Two birds one stone

Anyway Uniteds actions totally as per the small print and air travel in the US is hardly ever a wonderful experience
    End

Guru

BS
    Two birds one stone

Anyway Uniteds actions totally as per the small print and air travel in the US is hardly ever a wonderful experience
    End
    Small print eh. "we can beat the living snot out of anyone we like." I doubt it.

BS
    Two birds one stone

End
    To come back to your original argument that United's actions would not have an effect on AIR...

I flew from Melbourne to Christchurch earlier today on AIR. There was a United plane boarding for LAX near our gate and I overheard a group of Americans talking about the video and how they were not surprised that it had happened. One of the group specifically said that he found the AIR flight from LAX-AKL he had been on a couple of weeks ago far better than the internal United connecting flight and that he was not looking forward to being on the United MEL-LAX flight today.

I know it's anecdotal but added to what other posters on this thread have reported in the past on how Americans view AIR, it's hardly surprising that AIR have by far the lion's share of LAX-AKL business.

Good economics to keep the customer happy eh Lola? Perhaps it's not surprising that AIRs SP went up today!

Further to the economics of United's actions, this is a letter from http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....nied-boarding/

Brian Doyle says:
    April 10, 2017 at 7:53 pm
    After watching this video I’m glad that when I fly, I fly with Australian Carriers and New Zealand Carriers.
    Eg. Qantas, Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand just don’t do this thing of kicking off passengers off there flights. Especially in the manner that United Airlines did. It’s been shown on Australian Television all over the country. Even here people are shocked at what they did, this will question peoples choice on flying with United Airlines from Australia to the USA, I know I certainly will. It will be either Qantas, Virgin Australia or Air New Zealand.

BS
    Two birds one stone

End
    United are the US code share for Air NZ, and it was a domestic United flight, so it really does have significance for Air NZ, even if you think its minor.

The United assaults customer debacle is symptomatic of how horribly things can go wrong when you subcontract core parts of your business.

Although the plane had United painted on the fueselage it was operated by a subcontractor. The stuff up not releasing there were staff requiring seats to travel to their task was made by a different ground handling contractor.

The interests of the principal United are not the same of as the subcontractos and often one subcontractor has no insight into what other subcontractors are doing.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 11-04-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The United assaults customer debacle is symptomatic of how horribly things can go wrong when you subcontract core parts of your business.

Although the plane had United painted on the fueselage it was operated by a subcontractor. The stuff up not releasing there were staff requiring seats to travel to their task was made by a different ground handling contractor.

The interests of the principal United are not the same of as the subcontractos and often one subcontractor has no insight into what other subcontractors are doing.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Its no different to Zeal320, Air Nelson and Mount Cook Airlines, as far as the passenger is concerned they are on an Air NZ ticket, regardless of the subcontractor. There really is no excuse, Republic applied United policies, on a United ticket.

http://atwonline.com/blog/united-bum...s-all-airlines

For the life of me I cannot see what all this United stuff has ANYTHING to do with AIR NZ and how it and what economic issues that might affect Air NZ should be discussed on this forum. Give it a break guys , its pathetic.
    If this results in making over booking illegal and changes the industry standards this will effect profitability of the entire sector..so think a little more broadly or others may think your a touch pathetic :-)

It's OK - UAL tumbled more than 3% on open

Punters must have realised 100% capacity on 1 flight not the norm. Latest stats had load factor at 81%