sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Still look like they could be on track for a very respectable year.
    one step ahead of the herd

My personal barometer of Air NZ's pricing power/performance is the HLZ-WLG sector. Traditionally it was priced on sale at $65 (seat only), this dropped to $55 in the last 12 months as fuel prices declined, it is now up to $69 in the most recent sale ending yesterday, therefore I am fairly bullish on Air NZ's core domestic business :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    My personal barometer of Air NZ's pricing power/performance is the HLZ-WLG sector. Traditionally it was priced on sale at $65 (seat only), this dropped to $55 in the last 12 months as fuel prices declined, it is now up to $69 in the most recent sale ending yesterday, therefore I am fairly bullish on Air NZ's core domestic business :-)
    Further to this.....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9143...senger-numbers

Investor

Hope some big player can break that big menacing wall at 2.50....

Unfortunately, no. It's a 52-week high at 2.495. Hopefully next week

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    Unfortunately, no. It's a 52-week high at 2.495. Hopefully next week
    limits to growth..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11841946

Those pay rates don't look very good compared to what senior AIR pilots are earning. Then there's living in Dubai...
    Emirates got their own growth limiting factors too http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11841478
    Happy holder, well managed, low PE, high fully imputed dividend yield...what's not to like.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I always think this 3D printing is blown out of proportion. Realistically how many parts can be made on a 3D printer that meet the strength and quality standards required for an airplane?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    I always think this 3D printing is blown out of proportion. Realistically how many parts can be made on a 3D printer that meet the strength and quality standards required for an airplane?
    The term '3D Printer' is really oblique, even confusing using the reference to a 'printer' that most will typically associate with 2D paper printing.

Actually 3D printing is a fabrication technology, a device that can create, or build objects with extremely precise parameters from a variety of input materials, potentially at the scale required for manufacturing.

Also one has to look into the array of materials that can be used in fabricating '3D' objects. Some materials for example enable direct metal laser sintering, that can quite realistically be used in fabricating or manufacturing components for aircraft engineering, for example titanium, or even ceramics, and may already be being used.

It's an amazing world. Even my teenage kids have 3D printers at school, they design objects on the computer and hey presto, it's 'printed' out into a real life fabrication that they bring home and proudly display to their parents who wonder at the marvels of modern science but have no knowledge or technology required to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    Additive printing (or colloquially, 3D Printing) has certainly advanced rapidly over the last decade, and has certainly garnered huge amounts of press, but the reality is that at this juncture it's primarily suited to prototyping, and the production of non-structural components. Even as material strength has improved, regulatory issues now loom over it's use in various industries, especially the risk-adverse aviation industry.

The ability to print a spare part on demand for an aircraft will certainly revolutionise the industry. It's coming, but I think we are still quite a few years away from that point.