sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Looks like the Bollinger Band squeeze is upwards this time, won't be buying back in at current price or higher, will wait and see how the price goes over the next couple of months. Whole market looks toppy to me, just waiting for a catalyst to send it into a correction. I see value still in a couple of the power companies which look oversold and Sum of course.

Jet "star" rated worst airline in the world
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...onsumer-survey
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I always fly JetStar,mainly because I had difficulty using AIR's booking site originally.
    Their flight times suit me just fine.
    I like their aircraft,and their service.
    When comparing the cost of flights they are the cheapest.
    I only book when they have specials.
    Our recent flight from ChCh to Auckland return, with baggage and meal,for the wife and I was a total of $392,and that was in the school holidays.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Each to their own Percy, some people have got it ingrained in their system to live as frugally as possible despite being very comfortably well off. Far be it from me to judge but quite obviously from the survey above you get what you pay for which with Jetstar isn't much. Personally speaking I have found their service appalling, seating shockingly tight, staff attitude generally sour and unhelpful, and their reliability and punctuality to be of a completely unacceptable standard for business purposes. Spoke with the CEO of a leading N.Z. boat manufacturing company in Napier some months back who flies on business far more often than I and he confirmed their service standards in and out of Napier have made them completely unacceptable as a business travel provider.
    Okay for leisure if you are flexible but travel insurance is compulsory !
    Quite apart from that coming into Wellington yesterday I felt quite calm knowing its a short runway but also knowing the Captain would have had many thousands of hours real flight experience coming up through the flight school ranks, not predominantly trained on a simulator. Flights to and from Wellington yesterday $69 down, (free using my airpoints) $149 back inclusive of helpful service, decent legroom, free biscuit and coffee and non fluoridated spring water.
    I never fly Jetstar any more and never will and I believe in supporting my own Kiwi owned companies whenever possible not feeding profits to greedy foreign owners with little interest in providing a quality service.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I always fly JetStar,mainly because I had difficulty using AIR's booking site originally.
    Their flight times suit me just fine.
    I like their aircraft,and their service.
    When comparing the cost of flights they are the cheapest.
    I only book when they have specials.
    Our recent flight from ChCh to Auckland return, with baggage and meal,for the wife and I was a total of $392,and that was in the school holidays.
    Thanks percy, great to get actual first hand experience from an actual user and not one sided biased propaganda.

percy

As I am a happy JetStar flier, I have just looked at return flights ChCh to Auckland, for a one day book buying trip,on Tuesday 11th July.
    AIR..7am to Auckland.$85..Return 4pm $69. 5pm $85.So times that suit me...........$154
    Jet Star.6.30 am to Auckland $45.Return 4.05pm $49...6.05 pm $45.....................$94.
    The $60 saved would just about pay for my USave rental car for the day.
    But wait there's more.
    If I get to ChCh airport before 6.30 am, I get to find a park in a FREE parking space, only 5 to 8 minutes walk from the terminal.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2017 at 05:53 PM.

LOL yeah it must be "fake news" seeing as Jetstar themselves are disputing it...all those thousands of people must have colluded to conspire against Jetstar. http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...onsumer-survey
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2017 at 05:19 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks percy, great to get actual first hand experience from an actual user and not one sided biased propaganda.
    I don't fly very often,but have no complaints with JetStar's service..

On the two occasions I have been unable to find a seat with AIR NZ - I had no other option but to book with Jet Star, Both flights were cancelled and on both occasions we were offered a bus ride, took a full refund and booked a flight to PNTH with AIR NZ later that day... got to be a real trooper to work for Jet Star customer services.

You get what you pay for is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    On the two occasions I have been unable to find a seat with AIR NZ - I had no other option but to book with Jet Star, Both flights were cancelled and on both occasions we were offered a bus ride, took a full refund and booked a flight to PNTH with AIR NZ later that day... got to be a real trooper to work for Jet Star customer services.

You get what you pay for is all I can say.
    Your experience is very common and I couldn't agree more. Stuff running their own survey as a part of that link I posted earlier. 64% of 3,300 voters so far have voted that Jetstar is always a disappointment, note the choice of the word "Always"

Imagine what percentage that vote would have been if the question was worded "Is Jetstar sometimes a disappointment" !
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2017 at 05:54 PM.