sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I really liked what JK had to say about the company. He has plenty of money and doesn't need to work for anyone so if the following statement and accepting the invitation to join the board isn't an endorsement of the caliber of the company I don't know what would be better !
    Air New Zealand is an incredible company that has significant opportunities
    ahead of it and I look forward to working with the Board, Chief Executive
    Officer and his Executive team to see it fulfil its potential,"
    Mr Key says.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Should now reclaim $3++ mark, as it's just completed an INVERSE HEAD AND SHOULDERS formation.
    IMO
    DYOR

I won't talk too much about the previous H&S formation breakdown at $2.75 as some chose to argue the point, saying it's TA voodoo

AIR have stolen a march getting Key on their board - good work team

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    AIR
    01/05/2017 16:15
    DIRECTOR
    NOT PRICE SENSITIVE
    REL: 1615 HRS Air New Zealand Limited (NS)

DIRECTOR: AIR: RT HON JOHN KEY JOINING THE BOARD OF AIR NEW ZEALAND

Excellent appointment in my view. Not usually a fan of ex politicians being appointed to boards of companies but happy to make an exception in this case.
    Yes... personally did not rate him as pm however his connections should be useful to AIR. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Should now reclaim $3++ mark, as it's just completed an INVERSE HEAD AND SHOULDERS formation.
    IMO
    DYOR

I won't talk too much about the previous H&S formation breakdown at $2.75 as some chose to argue the point, saying it's TA voodoo

Do H&S patterns form pony tails .......now Johnny on board have to don't they?

Membaa

Even the besotted FA's have turned to using TA as well, it's a miracle. Phaedrus would be beside himself, bless him, let alone his disciples, some of which are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Even the besotted FA's have turned to using TA as well, it's a miracle. Phaedrus would be beside himself, bless him, let alone his disciples, some of which are still here.
    i think you'll find that Xerof has been exploring the cosmic realm of harmonics and even studying Lepidoptra for quite some time now
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    i think you'll find that Xerof has been exploring the cosmic realm of harmonics and even studying Lepidoptra for quite some time now
    Possibly true peat, only Xerof can say though, but let's not diminish the profound shift from the devout FA's to actually incorporating some TA into their analysis. It is frankly an astounding shift, but anyone who subscribes to a TA point of view will be impressed, even though the analysis is pretty basic it is still helpful. I hope it continues, certainly better that the FA vs TA debate that has raged on an off for over 15 years! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Possibly true peat, only Xerof can say though, but let's not diminish the profound shift from the devout FA's to actually incorporating some TA into their analysis. It is frankly an astounding shift, but anyone who subscribes to a TA point of view will be impressed, even though the analysis is pretty basic it is still helpful. I hope it continues, certainly better that the FA vs TA debate that has raged on an off for over 15 years! Lol.
    quote from 2005 where Xerof spots a Gartley
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ll=1#post50426

so thats about 12 years...

back to AIR tho
    in fact his $3.00 target is based on a 78.2% retracement from the 2016 high.
    AIR.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 01-05-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO
    DYOR

Its very strange how we don't hear the usual deluge of negativism these days isn't it and none of the TA guys seem to be commenting now the pattern is stronger.
    Well done to all holders who held through the absolute tsunami of negativism in late 2016 and who have seen the SP recover ~ 50% plus dividend since October 2016.
    I am very reluctant to call $3 again but worth noting that the stock currently trades on a 2017 forecast PE at 32 cps of 8.15 compared to a 10 year average of about 11.
    I think we all now know that nobody can tell us what part of the cycle we are in. I think they're a fantastic dividend yield hold over the next five years with plenty of potential for special divvies toward the latter part of that time horizon (as they complete their very thorough fleet modernization program in FY19), in addition to the annual expected normal ~ 20 cps fully imputed divvies. What's fair value ?... I will leave for others to pontificate over, I am holding for long term dividend income.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Do H&S patterns form pony tails .......now Johnny on board have to don't they?
    LOL good one mate. Doubt your pony tail goes down to $1.50 anytime soon
    Hope you're enjoying your holiday.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yes... personally did not rate him as pm however his connections should be useful to AIR. Smart move.
    Market seems to agree with the consensus view on here.