sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Market seems to agree with the consensus view on here.
    Sure do, he's been very successful businessman/trader before he became a successful politician/PM. Very clever, timely and astute move by AIR board, kudos to them.

A lot of people say he is full of hot air, but he does make things fly. National Party may regret losing him come September.

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    A lot of people say he is full of hot air, but he does make things fly. National Party may regret losing him come September.
    Yeah.... Bill English is a safe pair of hands economically but its not as though he has a charismatic personality is it ! I quite like him for his level headedness but it remains to be seen if that carries the day.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    Sounds like hiring JK might be a way for AIR to cut their fuel bill in the future, with all this hot air and making things fly.

[QUOTE=sb9;664641]Sure do, he's been very successful businessman/trader before he became a successful politician/PM. Very clever, timely and astute move by AIR board, kudos to them

I would have thought JK would have been a better fit on the Hawaiian Airlines board than Air NZ.??
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 02-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sure do, he's been very successful businessman/trader before he became a successful politician/PM. Very clever, timely and astute move by AIR board, kudos to them.
    Successful businessman?
    When was that? He was a trader - differant skill set.
    Not saying he won't be useful on the AIR board or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Market seems to agree with the consensus view on here.
    Interestingly the market agreed yesterday as well, only it hadn"t been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Interestingly the market agreed yesterday as well, only it hadn"t been announced.
    Interesting conspiracy theory that I wouldn't completely discount however if one accepts that at face value then it would appear QAN shareholders were also even more pleased about the announcement before it was announced as QAN shares were up much more strongly. Perhaps his appointment is good for all the regions airlines
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Have exited today, maybe too early but happy to take money off the table after such a strong period. Still back the company direction but in my opinion is no longer the screaming bargain it was in the low 2s/sub 2.

I'll probably keep mine for a little longer. It's now my third largest holding, pushing Chorus into 4rh place today.

I think I'll buy the model dreamliner off the AIR NZ store using my airpoints. Only $99.

https://merchandise.airnewzealand.co.nz/aircraft
    Last edited by Bobdn; 02-05-2017 at 09:03 PM.