sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    My gut feel once this surges past the 2.70 mark this time, it'll track higher and stay higher for a while. Not quite sure it'll hit the magic $3 mark though yet until FY results are out. Unless there's some sort of trading upgrade from management.
    You mean like qantas just did?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Wasn't aware of that, just saw that news after seeing your post. Well there's a good chance that we may have one from AIR hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Wasn't aware of that, just saw that news after seeing your post. Well there's a good chance that we may have one from AIR hopefully
    Of course there will be one sb - $500m guidance was a nonsense

AIR management treats punters as if they are stupid. Such arrogance
    Last edited by winner69; 05-05-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Thanks for letting us know that. Interestingly I crunched the numbers on an after tax basis for QAN at the mid point of their forecast and AIR at $500m less full N.Z. tax and on today's closing prices they're on identical FY17 PE's of 8.33. I think there is a chance of an AIR upgrade and have thought for quite some time now their official guidance issued in February 17 was very conservative.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Of course there will be one sb - $500m guidance was a nonsense

AIR management treats punters as if they are stupid. Such arrogance
    I see that retail investors are only 4% of the share register so I can understand a degree of arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    I see that retail investors are only 4% of the share register so I can understand a degree of arrogance.
    I was amazed at that, didn't realize we were such a small proportion of investors.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for letting us know that. Interestingly I crunched the numbers on an after tax basis for QAN at the mid point of their forecast and AIR at $500m less full N.Z. tax and on today's closing prices they're on identical FY17 PE's of 8.33. I think there is a chance of an AIR upgrade and have thought for quite some time now their official guidance issued in February 17 was very conservative.
    There won't be any further upgrade between now and the full year report. At the investor presentation the other day they narrowed their guidance range for the year to between 475-525 mill, remember former guidance range was between 400-600mil so they have just given the market an update hence the share price increase yesterday. They would have to be certain of topping 600 mill to issue any further guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    There won't be any further upgrade between now and the full year report. At the investor presentation the other day they narrowed their guidance range for the year to between 475-525 mill, remember former guidance range was between 400-600mil so they have just given the market an update hence the share price increase yesterday. They would have to be certain of topping 600 mill to issue any further guidance.
    From interim announcement February 2017

"Based on the current market environment and expectations for the average jet fuel price in the second half of the year of US$65 per barrel, the airline is targeting 2017 earnings before taxation to be in the range of $475 to $525 million."

So the investor presentation doesn't represent an update, just restatemet of previous outlook. Maybe an update to come, maybe not...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    From interim announcement February 2017

"Based on the current market environment and expectations for the average jet fuel price in the second half of the year of US$65 per barrel, the airline is targeting 2017 earnings before taxation to be in the range of $475 to $525 million."

So the investor presentation doesn't represent an update, just restatemet of previous outlook. Maybe an update to come, maybe not...
    You would think they would have to be confident of hitting near 600 mill or over to issue an update, it would have to be well over that to warrant a $3 share price, look what the projected earnings were last time it went over $3.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You would think they would have to be confident of hitting near 600 mill or over to issue an update, it would have to be well over that to warrant a $3 share price, look what the projected earnings were last time it went over $3.
    But look at the ridiculously low PE it was also on then

AIR has been so great since its being RERATED - much higher PE on slightly reduced profits equals $3 plus

And markets are happy as

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”