sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Should be an interesting week, see if AIR can break out from this historical 3.xx turning point. Looking very overbought on the indicators, but who knows eh, maybe this is the big one up up and awaaayyyyy.

Check stops.
    BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Should be an interesting week, see if AIR can break out from this historical 3.xx turning point. Looking very overbought on the indicators, but who knows eh, maybe this is the big one up up and awaaayyyyy.

Check stops.
    BAA
    Interesting what C Luxton said a couple of weeks ago:

Christopher Luxon said Emirates' suspension of the A380 from July 13 wasn't a surprise and a "rational" to a fall in demand.

"I think a lot of airlines are doing it quite tough at the moment it's part of the cycle. A good year leads to overcapacity and then a price squeeze as airlines battle to fill planes," he said.

I agree with him... on my last couple of travel cycles to Europe for Board meetings there has been a drop off in passengers on Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa flights I have been on. Nice to have more seats to myself while I travel however sixty people on an A380 an't ideal. Good to travel with however not where I would invest.

Not AIR load factors in question here at this time however believe only a matter of time before we get negative headlines in the industry. Your guess where that will take the share price.

For this reason alone I cleared my trading share portfolio on Friday. Just investment parcel now on hand which was purchased at 1.87 average price.

Dividend play with decent buffer for share volatility although given the margin sitting on may just as well cash up the lot...
    Last edited by Raz; 18-06-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Not AIR load factors in question here at this time however believe only a matter of time before we get negative headlines in the industry. Your guess where that will take the share price.
    the risk is in every industry and not just the airlines.

even though air travel on a commercial flight may continue to be a frustrating endeavor, there's little reason to expect that people will stop flying anytime soon.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    the risk is in every industry and not just the airlines.

even though air travel on a commercial flight may continue to be a frustrating endeavor, there's little reason to expect that people will stop flying anytime soon.
    Cough.. Cough... Cough...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Cough.. Cough... Cough...
    time will tell...watch this space

Very small bit of anecdotal evidence will not scare me off Raz. April stat's for AIR were very strong and May will be out shortly. Personally, I can totally understand why there might be a fall off in demand for travel to Europe at this point. Fortunately we live a long way from the chaos and mayhem in safe little old N.Z., soon to be the home of the America's cup again Team New Zealand now red hot favorites, ($1.16 on the N.Z. TAB), with the bookies to bring the old mug home. Meanwhile very strong tourism and immigration stat's continue to provide strong tailwinds for AIR.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-06-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Extremely busy domestic year for Air this year, with the mega star Adele, the world masters games and the Lions tour, next year will be significantly quieter on the domestic front than the current one. There's always things going on but these three events were extrodinary in their magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Extremely busy domestic year for Air this year, with the mega star Adele, the world masters games and the Lions tour, next year will be significantly quieter on the domestic front than the current one. There's always things going on but these three events were extrodinary in their magnitude.
    At this stage every year there's another 70,000 immigrants living here...all wanting to travel and see their new home and invite their friends and family to come and visit them. This population growth is something that hasn't been discussed much before on this thread in terms of being one of the tailwinds driving ongoing demand growth.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

While I agree with you I don't imagine there were that many flying in for Adele. To be honest I would be more likely to fly out.

IMO

Heehee thats double whammy good for AIR though Meextr. Will keep an eye on AIR's place in the cycle; still good atm imo but thanks for your observations in the USA Raz. Sounds like you clock up a hell of a lot of fly time, not my idea of fun.