sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    From time to time people have pointed out the powerful uptrend, strong indicators etc Roger and a few have expertly entered and recent deep lows and ridden the now parabolic rise. But as the SP approached multi-year highs, being resistance, a TA would rightly call that out as a warning. A confirmed breakout (that's a run up from here, a pullback and back tested the breakout line, then off upwards again) would be what TA's are looking for. Otherwise buying now is just buying at a historical turning point range.
    Okay, fair enough I do recall one or two comments so perhaps the word never should have been "very seldom" but I recall some people saying they might be a good buy at $2.30 as recently as March 2017 and maybe not, so now TA people are waiting for a confirmed breakout above $3.30 to make it good buying...seems weird ???. Quite the "mystical" art this whole TA thing...doubt I'll really ever understand all the mysticism and nuances...better for a simple bean counting hound to stick with FA supported by basic TA like breaking up through 30 day MA and staying above it....seems to be a strategy that's working out just fine
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You must be very pleased...I could never sleep at night with such a "diversified" strategy but each to their own ! (I haven't sold any despite all the "expert" analysts opinions and other opinions on here saying they're WAY overpriced. Have you taken over as the new Couta1 mate
    Yes, i'm very pleased with my hold and will continue holding. I have my exit defined if it goes other way around but IMO there is plenty of juice left in AIR. Been doing share trading since 8-9 years and never had lost any money in markets. I make more in share markets then my six figure yearly salary.

I had few friends who sold it there shares in AIR day before the 1h17 announcement based on negative prediction from the analysts and comments in forum posts. now they are kicking themselves.

I can't take over anyone mate
    Last edited by Eval; 27-06-2017 at 06:15 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Isn't it really weird how you never hear the TA people saying it looks really good on the charts now whereas on the way down TA people were more than happy to share their negative opinion really frequently...I must ask my psychologist friend to try and explain that strange phenomenon to me ?
    Im still laughing because of this, thank you.FA people do it too; some more than others. Ownership bias is one of many. One will frequently pump or promote the stock one owns and attack or belittle any one who doesn't agree. Your psychologist can be a valuable tool in explaining why we react the way we do and in changing it to an informed response. Its a constant work in process though as that lil monkey on ones shoulder is always waiting for an opp to sidetrack that rationale. I can see young Burling has got it sorted.

Glad to hear you've got an exit strategy Eval.

No doubt Emirates will make the most of TNZ America's Cup success
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No doubt Emirates will make the most of TNZ America's Cup success
    And so they should. They did stick with the team for a long time and spent an awful amount of money, only fair if they now reap the rewards as well.

Well done Emirates Team New Zealand!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    And so they should. They did stick with the team for a long time and spent an awful amount of money, only fair if they now reap the rewards as well.

Well done Emirates Team New Zealand!
    Yes well done. AIR can look forward to all the extra flights coming our way. Have been topping up rapidly in the last 4 weeks to compliment the ones bought last Oct in the 1.70s. Wouldn't surprise me if they touched $4 by next div date....about 10 weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yes well done. AIR can look forward to all the extra flights coming our way. Have been topping up rapidly in the last 4 weeks to compliment the ones bought last Oct in the 1.70s. Wouldn't surprise me if they touched $4 by next div date....about 10 weeks from now.
    Well done mate. Yeah I was topping up in the low, mid, and even high $2 range, (when some people thought I needed to see a psychologist)...not looking so silly now is it ! We are very well positioned with front row seats in business class awaiting that next tasty meal service in September
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-06-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Little smug around here..I remember well those who were humbled...happy the price is at these levels although also a little surprised. still hold a parcel however those that have sat there and realised no money 💰 on the way down and up again and associated volatility have missed out on a once in a decade opportunity Time waits for no one ☝️

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Little smug around here..
    With so many posters bleating its overpriced its hard not to feel more than a little contented to have held and added to a fulsome position at much lower prices than currently prevailing without selling unlike some who were selling at the mid $2 mark just a few months ago. Fact is a lot of people were calling this a sell at just over $1.70 less than 12 months ago and have missed a circa 100% return in less than a year, inclusive of March 2017 dividend. I guess some people thought we'd be in the GFC MK2 by now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-06-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Herbacious

Proving their deep and lasting commitment to the regions:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...-winter-period