sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Wow...and some people think the AIR SP is overheated...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

QAN a pretty good company these days ......and fortunate enough to have as its home exchange plenty of instos / punters happy to invest in their airline.

QAN will always have higher multiples than AIR
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    QAN a pretty good company these days ......and fortunate enough to have as its home exchange plenty of instos / punters happy to invest in their airline.

QAN will always have higher multiples than AIR
    So we hit 3.30, I agree we will not match multiples with QAN. Good to see our Beagle realises AIRs current multliples are close to US airlines...

Had to look up "multiple". Amazing that I've been doing ok without knowing what that meant

Interesting experience yesterday. Flying from Wellington to Brisbane on Virgin (code share). Towards an hour out, I was gazing out the window and saw an Air NZ plane shooting through in the other direction. It looked like a missile due to the combined speed I guess, but I was surprised as to how close it was. My guess was about 500 metres away and just slightly below but it could have been further. Close enough to know it was Air NZ though. Is this normal? I've never seen anything like it and have flown hundreds of times.

IMO

Sounds like a near miss report due for that Alf. Or was it Beagle with a chartered plane . Yes good post Beagle thanks. Im not buying but holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Interesting experience yesterday. Flying from Wellington to Brisbane on Virgin (code share). Towards an hour out, I was gazing out the window and saw an Air NZ plane shooting through in the other direction. It looked like a missile due to the combined speed I guess, but I was surprised as to how close it was. My guess was about 500 metres away and just slightly below but it could have been further. Close enough to know it was Air NZ though. Is this normal? I've never seen anything like it and have flown hundreds of times.
    I have been in a private jet between Fiji and New Zealand and the pilots told us to look to the side about 5 minutes out and again when closer and same thing, we saw an Air NZ flight coming the other way, not a lot of difference in altitude to be honest but similar distance to you, nothing alarming about it from the pilots we had and like you, was a pretty quick glimpse which I got on camera but only a few frames worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sounds like a near miss report due for that Alf. Or was it Beagle with a chartered plane . Yes good post Beagle thanks. Im not buying but holding.
    Was snoopy on board and maybe on the other plane is was the red barron
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default Auckland to New York Direct

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You'd need to be drunk or stoned to pay $6 for Qantas, or both.
    About 5 weeks ago bought very nervously 28,000 AIR at av 2.92, thinking, would have to be mad buying at this high price. Bought more at 3.15, 3.19, 3.28, 3.29 and 3.30 . Now I know I've got a screw loose.