sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    About 5 weeks ago bought very nervously 28,000 AIR at av 2.92, thinking, would have to be mad buying at this high price. Bought more at 3.15, 3.19, 3.28, 3.29 and 3.30 . Now I know I've got a screw loose.
    But are you still buying? someone is.
    Last edited by Meextr; 04-07-2017 at 12:37 PM.

About 5 weeks ago bought very nervously 28,000 AIR at av 2.92, thinking, would have to be mad buying at this high price. Bought more at 3.15, 3.19, 3.28, 3.29 and 3.30 . Now I know I've got a screw loose.
    People thought I was mad topping up at $2.50, $2.65 and even $2.85. Dow Jones transport index hit a record overnight. Signs of economic growth around the world are looking good.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

About 7 weeks ago I sold 7000 at 2.73. They were getting to be to big a % of my portfolio. Now I know I've got a screw loose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    But are you still buying? someone is.
    International players, not kiwis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    People thought I was mad topping up at $2.50, $2.65 and even $2.85. Dow Jones transport index hit a record overnight. Signs of economic growth around the world are looking good.
    Good on ya mate, good margin of safety there, buying now on the other hand, be fearful when others are greedy.

Banned

[QUOTE=RTM;672409]About 7 weeks ago I sold 7000 at 2.73. They were getting to be to big a % of my portfolio. Now I know I've got a screw loose.[/QUOTE All profit is profit, whether it be large or small, and in my case the larger the profit, the more I leave behind when I pass on, so from that viewpoint, you can't lose aye.

[QUOTE=couta1;672413]
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    About 7 weeks ago I sold 7000 at 2.73. They were getting to be to big a % of my portfolio. Now I know I've got a screw loose.[/QUOTE All profit is profit, whether it be large or small, and in my case the larger the profit, the more I leave behind when I pass on, so from that viewpoint, you can't lose aye.
    . There is always the other option, take the bigger profit and spend the kids inheritance.

Banned

[QUOTE=Meextr;672414]
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    . There is always the other option, take the bigger profit and spend the kids inheritance.
    Nah I'm too frugal minded, Im still struggling to upgrade my 1994 Suzuki(Like the challenge of seeing how long I can keep it going and fixing it myself)

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good on ya mate, good margin of safety there, buying now on the other hand, be fearful when others are greedy.
    These are on my regret list. I sold for a large parcel @ $1.98 after buying in at $1.78! I'd just sold some investment property and threw the money into shares with little to no research. Then subsiquently freaked out and sold up after a few of my investments rapidly depleated in value... Lesson learnt. Unfortunetley it was before I discovered this site which is a huge resource! Thanks everyone for their input. Missed on this one but have learnt a bucket load from peoples opinions on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    These are on my regret list. I sold for a large parcel @ $1.98 after buying in at $1.78! I'd just sold some investment property and threw the money into shares with little to no research. Then subsiquently freaked out and sold up after a few of my investments rapidly depleated in value... Lesson learnt. Unfortunetley it was before I discovered this site which is a huge resource! Thanks everyone for their input. Missed on this one but have learnt a bucket load from peoples opinions on the way...
    i can relate. i sold 50% of my AIR stock when it hit 2.45 bc the rest of my portfolio had taken some big hits and I was trying to get a bird in the hand, instead of just admiring the ones in the bush (ok that made more sense in my head) but you know i wanted to get some actual profit in the bank, not just on paper. we all know its easy enough to rue selling or not selling but if we had that sort of insight we'd all be millionaires.