sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

The sp action has surely defied the expectations of many people on this forum and seem to be marching ahead, 350 and beyond does seem attainable from here until the FY results and outlook out next month.

im tempted to sell to cover some losses on other stocks but i read somewhere that the difference between amateurs & pros is that the pros sell the losers and keep the winners, and amateurs sell the winners and keep the losers (i guess with the hope that maybe one day theyll recover)

so maybe i should just hang on to them

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    im tempted to sell to cover some losses on other stocks but i read somewhere that the difference between amateurs & pros is that the pros sell the losers and keep the winners, and amateurs sell the winners and keep the losers (i guess with the hope that maybe one day theyll recover)

so maybe i should just hang on to them
    In Oct'16 my AIR portfolio was negative 20k on paper and as of today my AIR portfolio is positive 166K on paper. You just have to hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    The sp action has surely defied the expectations of many people on this forum and seem to be marching ahead, 350 and beyond does seem attainable from here until the FY results and outlook out next month.
    Yes it sure has. Some people think they can pick which part of the economic cycle we are at, I'm not sure anyone really can. There's a strong argument for instance for saying that many European countries are only now beginning to emerge from effects of the GFC and the outlook for growth there is the best its been in years. Still expecting $575m before tax = 37 cps after tax, (risk is to the upside in my opinion) and a reminder that the ten year average PE for AIR is 11.
    I have no intention of reducing my position, very happy indeed with the five year dividend yield outlook.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Meextr View Post
    . Do you have others in portfolio, I am new to game and seeing a lot of my AIR gain being offset by losses in others, most namely BLIS and The Warehouse.
    I do have another stock which is NZ King Salmon, it's not doing well after I bought last month...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes it sure has. Some people think they can pick which part of the economic cycle we are at, I'm not sure anyone really can. There's a strong argument for instance for saying that many European countries are only now beginning to emerge from effects of the GFC and the outlook for growth there is the best its been in years. Still expecting $575m before tax = 37 cps after tax, (risk is to the upside in my opinion) and a reminder that the ten year average PE for AIR is 11.
    I have no intention of reducing my position, very happy indeed with the five year dividend yield outlook.
    Stock is a no fly zone for me at anything over $3, no matter what price it reaches, will be seeking a safer option for my next XOS divvy. Price is over inflated IMO, due to most of the selling coming from that 4% retail pool selling to larger overseas buyers, many of those holders will be thinking they have won lotto, I'm sure they are enjoying their windfall.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Stock is a no fly zone for me at anything over $3, no matter what price it reaches, will be seeking a safer option for my next XOS divvy. Price is over inflated IMO, due to most of the selling coming from that 4% retail pool selling to larger overseas buyers, many of those holders will be thinking they have won lotto, I'm sure they are enjoying their windfall.
    Thanks Couta , every time since $ 2.50 that you have called it overvalued etc etc we have pushed up 15 cents . So looking to take out $ 3.50 in the near future .... even with a 20% retracement from here ( without a S/L) we will still be above your " overvalued , thin air territory "
    Keep on calling it ....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Thanks Couta , every time since $ 2.50 that you have called it overvalued etc etc we have pushed up 15 cents . So looking to take out $ 3.50 in the near future .... even with a 20% retracement from here ( without a S/L) we will still be above your " overvalued , thin air territory "
    Keep on calling it ....
    I said I wouldn't buy it over $3, not $2.50, the stock has been re rated since my prior valuation, just because the market continues to drive the price up doesn't mean that's what it's worth, sentiment rules short term. For those that bought at a lower price, all good, but for those picking up the can of late, no safety net included with purchase.

Banned

I said I wouldn't buy it over $3, not $2.50, the stock has been re rated since my prior valuation, just because the market continues to drive the price up doesn't mean that's what it's worth, sentiment rules short term. For those that bought at a lower price, all good, but for those picking up the can of late, no safety net included with purchase.
    Those buyers are buying since last 2-3 weeks not just buying with blind folded. This is not February. Wake up mate and accept the facts. No time it will hitting to 3.50 & above and you would still stuck with same flute

Advanced Member

Great company, but I don't see value at current prices. I try and avoid buying stocks these days when i consider they are either fully priced or overpriced, and IMO Air is fully priced at $2.50.
    Couta don't try and rewrite history .
    You could have talked a lot of people out of a good thing with your "opinion"
    History shows us you don't have a good call on this .
    Fully priced at $ 2.50', I'll look for that one on the Tui billboard next time I drive down the motorway ........