sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

BP good points you made. 1.. Lower prices all around. 2.. If travellers lost a bit of body weight, then they could up the luggage weight. 3.. Good for shareholders. 4 My answer for 4... Years ago, only the well off could afford to fly. These days every man and his dog wants to fly, even some people on benefits want to fly as cheap as possible, who cares, cram them all into cattle class, they shouldn't be flying anyway.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    AIR have a specific Pacific rim focus BP. I would be the first to agree their product offer pricing to Europe is not compelling and I wouldn't hesitate to book Emirates or Singapore airlines if I was travelling to Europe. What they're doing is working very well though and in my opinion FY17 is a watershed year for their business as they have shown the veracity of their business model is extremely robust notwithstanding a substantial amount of new competition.
    Nine new super efficient dreamliners sipping fuel quietly with several more arriving in the years ahead...a real bean counters delight those aircraft are and customer satisfaction with them seems very high too from company reports...a classic win-win for shareholders and customers
    Prices / demand to Europe is very modest at present...with all the terrorism any wonder why !
    Keep up the good work Beagle and company. I still think $3.50 to $4 is possible. We are all well positioned. Good on the cattle class, make me more $$$$$$ .

No worries mate. I think another point that's worth making on the domestic travel front with an aging baby boomer population and cheaper domestic fares is people may be more inclined to fly almost anywhere now rather than drive. Anything over about 3 hours car travel and I'd rather fly. Taupo is the absolute limit of how far I can be bothered driving these days.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    1) AIR is falling back compared to the other carriers in terms of the quality of their offer .....
    I would have expected Cullen Airlines "squeeze em in" and bugger the self loading freight's deep vein thrombosis strategy would have caused a drift to the better cabin layout offered by some their competitors.

Doesn't seem to have though.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No worries mate. I think another point that's worth making on the domestic travel front with an aging baby boomer population and cheaper domestic fares is people may be more inclined to fly almost anywhere now rather than drive. Anything over about 3 hours car travel and I'd rather fly. Taupo is the absolute limit of how far I can be bothered driving these days.
    But if you were in a new Mustang you could probably get to at least Taihape.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As the price rises, the dividend yield becomes less and less attractive, excluding specials, for a high risk stock. Like winner says, hype and euphoria rule the day. PS-Perhaps some punters are buying thinking the 13% dividend yield they see is normal, they might need to get their calculator out aye.
    That's right. Without calculator my guess is about 6 to 6.5%. It's not too late couta1, get in now before it hits 3.50. $4 here we come with nice 5% yld.
    Last edited by see weed; 10-07-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    That's right. Without calculator my guess is about 6 to 6.5%. It's not too late couta1, get in now before it hits 3.50. $4 here we come.
    Nah mate, I won't touch the stock for divvy or trading, I'd be too nervous as I only hold big holdings ,so too much risk. PS-Might be worth buying again after a certain North Korean nutter pushes a few buttons.
    Last edited by couta1; 10-07-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nah mate, I won't touch the stock for divvy or trading, I'd be too nervous as I only hold big holdings ,so too much risk.
    I have been nervous for the last 5 weeks from 2.90 to 3.36 last week. It looks cold but once you have been in for a while it feels good. Just buy a small amount and join the fun. 5 years ago, sold out at 1.35 and had to buy back in at 1.715 up to 3.36, we all been there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I have been nervous for the last 5 weeks from 2.90 to 3.36 last week. It looks cold but once you have been in for a while it feels good. Just buy a small amount and join the fun. 5 years ago, sold out at 1.35 and had to buy back in at 1.715 up to 3.36, we all been there.
    I'll leave it to you my friend, I all tied up in my current 3 stock portfolio (SUM/SPK/ATM)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    The unstoppable...
    Well, does seem unstoppable at the moment. Never thought 3.50 would come along so swiftly....