sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes Raz, I think silly is a good choice of words, re the Air share price movement over the last while, if you look up the definition of the word. I feel real sorry for the ones holding the can at the end of the row. The annual profit would need to be over 800 million to justify the current price.
    Mates tell their mates when they're plain wrong. It really is this simple. The 10 year average PE is 11. At $575m before tax = 37 cps after tax. 11 x 37 = $4.07. Of course if they make more than $575m before tax then based on the decade average PE they're worth more. Just because a share has been cheap in the past doesn't necessarily mean it will revert to being a bargain anytime soon. If I thought they were overpriced I would be selling. I am continuing to hold all of my shares and have done for quite some time now and it continues to be my #1 market position by value.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-07-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    you just keep moaning. we are used to with your same flute since February. its not going to stop the sp price movement. buyers are not buying with bind folded eyes.
    Have you surveyed all the buyers to be sure of that fact?

Yes Raz, I think silly is a good choice of words, re the Air share price movement over the last while, if you look up the definition of the word. I feel real sorry for the ones holding the can at the end of the row. The annual profit would need to be over 800 million to justify the current price.
    If you believe the special dividend story (most often outlined by Beagle) then the future cashflow is likely to be similar to a $800m profit if not better. Maybe the price is justified on that basis?

Banned

Have you surveyed all the buyers to be sure of that fact?
    Don't have to surveyed.
    i had few mates telling me that their well known NZ brokers are telling them to buy in AIR.

Just wait and watch for another four weeks and the facts will be in front of your eyes.
    Last edited by Eval; 11-07-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Guru

One of the Rockefella's was once asked how he had made so much money and he replied that he had sold all his stock too early.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    One of the Rockefella's was once asked how he had made so much money and he replied that he had sold all his stock too early.
    Love it, doesn't matter how much paper profit your sitting on, it's all theoretical until you sell. I prefer facts to theory and keep a short account with the market these days ( No I don't mean shorting shares)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Should have checked in earlier eh.

You have been rebooked in the next available flight - and the fares have gone up

(As a matter of interest why bid 345 - when its 400 a few cents wouldn't have made difference?)
    Very true, will check in earlier tomorrow, hopefully not 360

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Still waiting... Lowest 345 today but not my turn yet. Its crazily 351 now!
    3.56 was my exit point and it was hit today. I'm struggling to see that $4b is the correct market cap for it. To many of the negatives that lurk in the airline industry appear to have been discounted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    Don't have to surveyed.
    i had few mates telling me that their well known NZ brokers are telling them to buy in AIR.

Just wait and watch for another four weeks and the facts will be in front of your eyes.
    HaHa, probably the same brokers that didn't want a bar of the stock a few months ago, they don't give a toss about when your mates buy and sell, as long as they get two clips of the ticket. PS-Facts aren't going to persuade me to buy the stock at these lofty prices, in case you didn't realise, there are other excellent and safer dividend paying stocks on the NZX.

Banned

HaHa, probably the same brokers that didn't want a bar of the stock a few months ago, they don't give a toss about when your mates buy and sell, as long as they get two clips of the ticket. PS-Facts aren't going to persuade me to buy the stock at these lofty prices, in case you didn't realise, there are other excellent and safer dividend paying stocks on the NZX.
    Need guts. For your kind information have topped off another 50k volumes at 3.49 this afternoon. Holding over 200k volumes in AIR. 100% Portfolio.