sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Having flown Hawaiian recently, I have to say that their "Extra Comfort" seats are well worth the extra $150 or so in cost. Nowhere near as expensive or as flash as AIR's premium economy but actually very adequate for the 8 hours to Honolulu.
    Did you notice the cabins run hot? A lot of people get sick on the overheated cabins..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Having flown Hawaiian recently, I have to say that their "Extra Comfort" seats are well worth the extra $150 or so in cost. Nowhere near as expensive or as flash as AIR's premium economy but actually very adequate for the 8 hours to Honolulu.
    I personally find all seats VERY uncomfortable.. Skinny Arse.. Maybe my problem..

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Did you notice the cabins run hot? A lot of people get sick on the overheated cabins..
    No actually it was fine, perhaps even a little on the chilly side (and I'm someone who tends to run hot so I really notice when the temperature gets up). Both my wife and I had blankets over us the whole time. Mind you it was a very new Airbus.

My wife and I are both people who like to stretch our legs out, so the extra leg room of the Extra Comfort seats was very welcome. Not quite so fussed about the padding in the seat, but it was fine for us, neither of us felt uncomfortable at the end.

The only thing I do think Hawaiian need to do is offer a bigger selection of movies. It's not that they aren't current, it's just that on a flight of that length I'm going to watch at least 2 movies, more likely 3 and I was struggling for something I wanted to watch by the end.

Default Buy / sell / hold / I think we all know where most see it now

I think its perhaps time to lighten-up a bit. To lighten the mood here's an interesting look back at AIR's safety video's over the years http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11889319 What's you favorite ? For some strange reason mine is Safety in Paradise 2014.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think its perhaps time to lighten-up a bit. To lighten the mood here's an interesting look back at AIR's safety video's over the years http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11889319 What's you favorite ? For some strange reason mine is Safety in Paradise 2014.
    Jeez Mr Beagle - quick read and I thought heck you selling some AIR shares - lighten up in other words
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez Mr Beagle - quick read and I thought heck you selling some AIR shares - lighten up in other words
    No not me mate. Relaxed and enjoying the long haul flight...looking forward to the next meal service
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    AIR domestic often offers a better package in economy than international for space. The Koru lounges are average and often crowded. The key advantage of Koru for me is the space seats and priority boarding.
    I was discussing airline lounges with a seasoned international traveler. His take on the situation was airline lounges(not just Cullen Airlines) are often overcrowded bun fights. His preference was to use an up-market bar or restaurant where available. He said the cost averaged out to not much more than a lounge subscription with a more pleasant experience.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I was discussing airline lounges with a seasoned international traveler. His take on the situation was airline lounges(not just Cullen Airlines) are often overcrowded bun fights. His preference was to use an up-market bar or restaurant where available. He said the cost averaged out to not much more than a lounge subscription with a more pleasant experience.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Not sure I'd agree. Has your seasoned international traveller a lot of long haul experience?
    Not that easy to find in airports an upmarket bar / restaurant where you can have a shower - or a desk to do some work or a quiet place to restore after a long flight - or even some place to lie down, close your eyes and rely on the reception staff to wake you up for the next connection.

Agree however with some of the previous posters that the AIR lounges (I have seen) are certainly not the top of the cream. However - you have with the Koru card access to all STAR alliance lounges, and some of them are pretty good.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Is this the start of the deflation... maths trends look interesting
    Monday and Tuesday were mostly all hype and no substantial big bids...

Time now 4:25 and the robots are back... must have just been a brief pause for a picnic on the way...
    Last edited by arc; 12-07-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Good to see it comes back a bit. It was too hot.