sharetrader
Page 147 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 47971371431441451461471481491501511571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Well, well, well, it seems the N.Z. Herald Editor is now long on AIR's stock.
    Yesterday we had a very positive report on AIR's cabin crew performance in very profesionally reassuring staff after a frieghtening lightening strike on an ATR72 aircraft landing at Auckland airport and today we have this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11309088

Anyone else noticed the oil price coming back very nicely
    There was also a lightening strike on an ATR-72 bound for NPL earlier this week. Perhaps Bombardier are using voodoo dolls?

Nice to see some positive press for the NZHerald for a change, but I guess controversy sells papers and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

Okay I used to say watch the company not the shareprice. Now I say, watch the company not the share price or the herald.

The herald did a bloody beat up on the pilots over that Honolulu thing, I know one of the pilots well and he told me they weren't communicated properly with and assumed from the info they did have it was OK to relax and have a few drinks etc as they had over a day off. Next thing they're being asked to suddenly go to work and couldn't do it in order to comply with the regulations. Management went on a witch hunt to find someone to blame for the furore created by the herald so came gunning for the pilots.
    Believe me, it wasn't the pilots' fault. Employee morale is fine but they'd better go easy on those pilots.
    Extract from what one of the senior AIR pilot's I know told me on the weekend. The Editor is full of it and is little better than a spoilt brat having a bloody good tantrum which is why I sent such a scathing e.mail recently, (copy at post 1513).
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-08-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Guru

Default Buy signals returned

Updated chart from previous chart Post #1531 on 8th August

I'm back in at 2.02 ... I had sold out at 2.14 and so with that money I was able to buy 6% more AIR shares than I had previously...

Re: Media....All ST readers know of my attitude towards the Media..........media amplifies NOISE!!

As my TA Discipline deals with Market Physics this is my preferred definition of NOISE (free Dictionary)..
    3. Physics A disturbance, especially a random and persistent disturbance, that obscures or reduces the clarity of a signal.

A person with a suspicious mind could ask the question why AIR publically got all beaten up suddenly after it's share price had bottomed out and were commencing recovery mode

Last edited by Hoop; 18-08-2014 at 12:02 PM.

A person with a suspicious mind could ask the question why AIR publically got all beaten up suddenly after it's share price had bottomed out and were commencing recovery mode
    ....and then the N.Z. Herald started printing positive stories, makes you wonder doesn't it !

You're in for the next leg up, final divvy and feed at the AGM...you're as cunning as a hungry beagle dog.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Guru

We have lift off .. broken through the 210 resistance...

Well called Hoop! And thanks for sharing eh

Roger, is this good or is just a bit of housekeeping

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/198899.pdf

Looks okay to me W69 and operating stat's for July also look okay. Watching CNBC this morning they had a chart up of crude oil for the last 3 months and it has been in steady decline for the last 2 months from a peak for WTI of $108 barrel to the present price which is oscillating in the mid - late $90 barrel range. It's only natural with such a significant recent decline in crude they'd be somewhat out of the money with their fuel hedge position but present prices offer an excellent opportunity to lock in attractive hedge and collar positions for Q3 and Q4 2015 in my opinion.
    Looking at the operating stat's the extra domestic capacity probably relates to the retirement of the last of the old Boeing 737's and replacement with A320's which have more seating capacity. International load factors look good when you consider the level of geopolitical risk around the globe and there's no early indication of a drop in demand due to the Ebola health crisis.
    I'm looking forward to the annual result on the 27th.

Shareholders are well positioned
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-08-2014 at 10:30 AM.

The new Dreamliner is on line and working hard. I hear its been put on the Sydney route as the quickest way to type qualify crew and I was out at the airport yesterday afternoon and by coincidence saw it come into land. It looked absolutely stunning in its black livery and those carbon fibre wings sure do bend up at the ends a fair bit more than others. I hear there's two more coming shortly, one in September and another in October. My guess is one will be put on the new Singapore route and they'll replace an older plane on the China route with the other. Further deliveries of another three are scheduled for mid-late 2015 and more thereafter, (total 10).