sharetrader
Page 331 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    "I suspect that sellers and most on here are completely unaware that AIR has the ability and mandate within its constitution to buy its own shares back...opps is that letting the cat out of the bag ? You think if the Chairman puts his own money on the line to buy shares obviously thinking they're very good buying at circa $2.50, how long before the board follows suit with some of its $1,321 million cash ?"

Got that Roger, missed that post somehow?
    Sb, most of that $1.321 billion cash isn't really AIRs cash

Even on the day we bailed AIR out many years ago they had a cash pile of $1billion
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Even on the day we bailed AIR out many years ago they had a cash pile of $1billion
    Hey Winner - any interesting trips by you over the last week adding to revenue?

Actually my friend it is their cash as most fares are non refundable. With the average age of their fleet approaching a record low they're superbly positioned to honour all their flight obligations, including mine

Much is made of the bailout 14 years ago by some on here for reasons unknown (but possibly related to left political leanings), but really the Sept 11 2001 event was pretty cataclysmic by anyone's yardstick and yet look at last year, they navigated the Ebola crisis and invested an extra $200m+ into Virgin no problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Actually my friend it is their cash as most fares are non refundable. With the average age of their fleet approaching a record low they're superbly positioned to honour all their flight obligations, including mine
    But they need to buy the fuel and all that stuff to get me to where I have already paid for to go

Hate to be stranded somewhere

Fuel is very cheap now mate. I am sure they'll look after you.

Much is made of the bailout 14 years ago by some on here for reasons unknown (but possibly related to left political leanings), but really the Sept 11 2001 event was pretty cataclysmic by anyone's yardstick and yet look at last year, they navigated the Ebola crisis and invested an extra $200m+ into Virgin no problems whatsoever.
    According to Wikipedia, Air NZ tried to sell Ansett to Qantas for $1 on Sept 10, so Sept 11 has nothing to do with the collapse.

I think that people keep bringing up the Air NZ collapse because it shows how quickly an airline can go from hero to bankrupt. It's less likely now but anything is possible.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up The Paper Tiger Theater Presents...

Actually my friend it is their cash as most fares are non refundable...
    [An accountant approaches an Air New Zealand baggage drop station and places suitcase on weighing conveyor.]

Check-in Operative: "And where are you hoping to go today, sir?"

Accountant: "Brisbane."

Check-in Operative: "Well sir, we have cancelled the flight, sorry."

Accountant: "Oh, can you put me another Air New Zealand flight to Brisbane?"

Check-in Operative: "No, sir. We have cancelled all our flights."

Accountant: "Can you get me on another airline?"

Check-in Operative (laughing): "Of course not sir."

Accountant: "I would like my money back then."

Check-in Operative: "Sorry sir, your ticket is non-refundable, remember?"

Accountant: "Oh yes. Well I will go home and wash the car then."

[Accountant turns around and walks away.]

Check-in Operative: "Sir, sir, SIR. You have forgotten your suitcase."

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Fuel is very cheap now mate. I am sure they'll look after you.
    And probably the ratbags still have a fuel 'surcharge' built into the current fares

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    According to Wikipedia, Air NZ tried to sell Ansett to Qantas for $1 on Sept 10, so Sept 11 has nothing to do with the collapse.

I think that people keep bringing up the Air NZ collapse because it shows how quickly an airline can go from hero to bankrupt. It's less likely now but anything is possible.
    Hardly worth debating but from what I've read a lot of people were extremely reluctant to travel after Sept 11. Look honestly, all business's face issues from time to time. People can be negative and focus on the one instance in the whole 75 years when AIR needed assistance from the Govt or choose to focus on the Erebus crash or whatever other negative thing they like but for me I see a company that's performing extremely well on compelling metrics that helps 40,000 passengers a day with their journey. By my calculations, in the last year alone the Govt received back $147m in company tax, $96m in dividends and approx. $330m in PAYE from employees. $573m in one year alone. Not to shabby for just one year's return considering the size of their investment fourteen years ago is it !

And probably the ratbags still have a fuel 'surcharge' built into the current fares
    Mate just relax and enjoy your holiday. Just drink a little more on the flight back and you can get your perceived over-charging back.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-09-2015 at 09:39 AM.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11508152

Mr Gaynor wrote about this 2 weeks ago.