sharetrader
Page 358 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Get amongst it!

Morning Couta.
    Where do you get that info from ?
    The websites I use, eg. NZX and Stocknessmonster, are subject to a 20 minute delay.

Still a very cheap stock and if my analysis is right at current year EPS of 64 cps , (I see upside and downside risk to that) then it currently trades on a FY 16 PE of an incredible 4.28 !!

History tells me you can make a fortune buying stocks on a super low PE like that. What if ?...last time they predicted the operating profit to go up by 100%, (2012 forecast for 2013) it went up 174% !!

What if oil stays low for a protracted period of time and the airline starts earning consistent EPS of 60-70 cps ? Last year they called the all new Dreamliner a game-changer and by the end of this month for a relatively small airline they'll have six of these super efficient new birds flying
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
    Morning Couta.
    Where do you get that info from ?
    The websites I use, eg. NZX and Stocknessmonster, are subject to a 20 minute delay.
    Off the live depth chart with ANZ securities, you must have done a trade in the previous 3 months to be able to view it.
    Last edited by couta1; 13-10-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks Couta. I think you need to be a client to access that info.

That is a great start to today's trading. Probably not a good idea to talk price movements
    on these sites as it makes them a boring read. Chrs.

Investor

Could be the best Analysts that Roger mentioned who were on holiday are back on deck this week and have upgraded their numbers? what do you reckon Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Could be the best Analysts that Roger mentioned who were on holiday are back on deck this week and have upgraded their numbers? what do you reckon Roger?
    Craigs upgraded late last week to $3.40 so what I heard second hand perhaps wasn't strictly bang on the money. Oil price drop overnight might have something to do with today's strong start. As suggested earlier, we could be in a sweet spot for oil for years, or maybe not. The currency strengthened materially last week which I think on balance is better for AIR. All the analysts predict the oil price tailwind to unwind in FY17 and especially FY18 so there's no downside to their consensus valuation of about $3 if it does exactly that but what if they're wrong ? Most of the risk appears to be strongly to the upside.

It appears that American Airlines could announce their Auckland route sooner than expected - http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....o-new-zealand/

I previously thought they would announce this late-2015 - early-2016 but now we could see an announcement of this new competition in a matter of weeks rather than months.

Hi to all members, I am new to ShareTrader but have actively been following you guys for many months. Just want to say thanks to the likes of Roger, Winner and Couta etc - i have been a fan of Air New Zealand for years and all of your insightful comments into the business (especially in recent times) has encouraged me to invest heavily into the organisation whilst the share price kept falling from the high of $3.00 don to mid $2.30's.... during that time I loaded up and in recent times have tripled my holding following the reaction to the AGM. Thanks to Roger for your insight.

This morning I am firmly in profit and climbing.... Looking forward to the ride.
    Thanks guys! Keep up the good work!

You're most welcome Teeps. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2015 at 12:02 PM.