sharetrader
Page 388 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2883383783843853863873883893903913923984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Cheers for that--I get the impression that alot of regular posters are also sitting on profits,which of course is a different psychological situation than sitting on huge losses like some of the more spec shares.
    Its interesting to look at all angles.
    Aside from charts(which is more about market sentiment) There is always the fundamental side and I can understand why some,especially those who have put in alot of hard work to arrive at their conclusions,are in for the long haul and it will take a far more dramatic change to shift that strategy--And then there are plenty in the middle that although they like the company and fundamentals,are also a bit wary of market sentiment at the moment,so have set some boundaries.
    Its an interesting mix. Its for the most part pointless to debate who is wrong or right,but is educational to look at all options as the outcome unfolds-whatever that is.
    As with all things in life though,Ive found the greater the attachment ,the harder it is to let go.
    Last edited by skid; 04-11-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Cheers for that--I get the impression that alot of regular posters are also sitting on profits,which of course is a different psychological situation than sitting on huge losses like some of the more spec shares.
    Aside from charts(which is more about market sentiment) There is always the fundamental side and I can understand why some,especially those who have put in alot of hard work to arrive at their conclusions,are in for the long haul and it will take a far more dramatic change to shift that strategy--And then there are plenty in the middle that although they like the company and fundamentals,are also a bit wary of market sentiment at the moment,so have set some boundaries.
    Its an interesting mix. Its for the most part pointless to debate who is wrong or right,but is educational to look at all options as the outcome unfolds-whatever that is.
    As with all things in life though,Ive found the greater the attachment ,the harder it is to let go.
    Yeah Skid A good summary

percy

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Shares are like anything you buy,a house a car or whatever,the real money is made on purchasing.
    Making sure your purchase is correct, means you have to work hard on your research.Good research results in good investments.Poor research results in poor results.
    Attachment is where you have to back test your research.If you are confident in your research you can ride the ups and downs.Sentimental attachment is something all of us investors should try to avoid,as it was not part of our research. .

Guru

I reckon research without attachment is the best out of the lot (but easier said than done)

I remember years ago when oilers were the rage-there was a coal seam oil share that posters loved so much they were going to get
    t shirts made--when it sold out at not a great price ,it was a pretty hard landing for them.

No offense intended to AIR or any posters,but its just one more thing to put into the ole over shoulder computer
    Last edited by skid; 04-11-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Investor

Such a shame that market is having such good rally and AIR isn't part of that, wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Such a shame that market is having such good rally and AIR isn't part of that, wonder why?
    I think some people have seen a few days of SP declines and have decided to lock in a small profit.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-11-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think some people have seen a few days of SP declines and have decided to lock in a small profit.
    Could only be traders locking in profit or else sp would've been north of $3 with this rally. Anyways happy to play waiting game, not concerned about short term drops.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Could only be traders locking in profit or else sp would've been north of $3 with this rally. Anyways happy to play waiting game, not concerned about short term drops.
    Low volume downtrend probably driven by traders as you say plus your normal nervous small fish, no bigger fish are selling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    But have you sold winner? You dropped your exit price, and even that was hit today.
    Okay winner time you answered Mr Baa_Baa's question or does your silence give us the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Okay winner time you answered Mr Baa_Baa's question or does your silence give us the answer?
    Low volume has been a real problem
    Last edited by winner69; 04-11-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”