sharetrader
Page 389 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2893393793853863873883893903913923933994394898891389 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

small fish selling out, I remember telling myself (back at $2.40) that I would sell at $2.80/90 if it ever reached that point again. However I've topped up, believe in the company and going to ride it out.

Peaks and troughs

Missed by that much

There is also a bit of nervousness worldwide about the A320 aircraft. Lets hope this latest one is found to be an onboard bomb, and not structural failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    There is also a bit of nervousness worldwide about the A320 aircraft. Lets hope this latest one is found to be an onboard bomb, and not structural failure.
    This aircraft incurred a significant tail strike some years ago and with the tail section landing some distance from the wings and front fuselage, plus no burn marks inside the tail section I'm picking structural.

Looks a nice candle today with volume increasing to the close, maybe a bottom.
    Last edited by tony64peter; 04-11-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    The A320 is a sound aircraft . This one reportedly had damage to the rear at some stage . So potentially it wasn't fixed correctly or checked up on properly. If it was structural failure it will be due to earlier incident and the maintenance .
    imo current share price weakness has nothing to do with A320 .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Low volume has been a real problem
    Notice how the share price went up as soon as the volume started flowing after 3pm, must be time for that whipsaw to spring forth aye Hoop?

IMO

Thanks for getting it up couta means I'm still holding

Super Investor

I think that Haka on the Tarmac helped a lot.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Notice how the share price went up as soon as the volume started flowing after 3pm, must be time for that whipsaw to spring forth aye Hoop?
    Yeah I think so Couta.I'm putting some faith into AIR that its correction is just a throw back action (A psychological behaviour after a sharp breakout rally)..

AIR was definitely looking like a bear for a few months and recently, after the AGM it broke out of it's bearish mode with the good forecasts from the AIR Management..Investors don't like bears and the AGM comments did not justify a bear scenario just yet so the investors bought in and everyone who wanted in had by the end of October got in and are now satisfied...Now comes the throwback..the lack of volume (momentum) lowers the demand and the price falls back...Its not really traders taking profits that causing the price to drop because the low volume says not many are selling (or buying for that matter)..its that psychological thing.. the investors being satisfied at the moment is the problem...As the price falls due to lack of momentum these satisfied investors may be tempted to start accumulating..it will also tempt others and the price/demand increases again..Seeing this action visually on a chart, the bull/bear line breakout ($2.70/$2.75) is where that support (temptation) should start ..

S&R areas isn't an exact science...maybe the rise off $2.77 could be where the support is..maybe the bottom of the throwback is around this level...maybe a bit lower around $2.70

Now that's my thinking and with it a possible scenario with good chances of happening.. now watch Mr Market make an idiot out of me..(I sell AIR then and break even)

Disc: still holding

Dilettante

AIR continues to add capacity. Next year increasing Auckland-Vancouver from 3 to 4 weekly, Auckland-Tokyo (Narita) from 7 to 9 with the Dreamliners and putting the Dreamliner to Cook Islands once per week.

Investor

Hope its better day for AIR sp today.