sharetrader
Page 391 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2913413813873883893903913923933943954014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I see the ATR500's are 14.5 years old as at 30 June 2015. Another fine example of AIR proactivity replacing its fleet and offering customers a modern efficient product. (Note the comment in the link below about good resale value of ATR's.)
    Judging by the sort of whopping discount they got on the Dreamliner price compared to list price I'd imagine on an order of 15 ATR600's AIR would have paid nothing like the retail figure suggested.
    I know the ATR600's are significantly more efficient on a seat mile basis than the Q300's assuming you can fill them (68 v 50 seats).

Edit: N.Z. Herald is reporting the new planes will begin arriving from late 2016 through to 2020 so it looks like a carefully planned gradual fleet expansion. Makes sense if they got a ripper price for the bulk order and I have every confidence in management that they did.

If you're REALLY BORED like I was early this evening then this is worth a read if you're an aviation geek and want to know more about the ATR-600 and how it compares to the Bombardier Q400
    http://theflyingengineer.com/aircraf...q400-vs-atr72/
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-11-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Add some light reading for aviation geeks

Investor

Very pleasing announcement and further solidifies their earnings outlook given at ASM, onwards and updwards from here.

Emirates have just announced their half-year profit - NZ$1.3 billion. This is 65% more than the same period last year.

This was achieved despite regional unrest, unfavourable $US exchange rate and increased competition and slightly reduced load factors (down to 78%). Total passesnger numbers and cargo both increased 10% from a year ago.

This result is similar to most of the worlds big airlines - all reporting record and increasing profits and more passengers flying.

So despite turmoil in some regions, more planes and more competition; more and more people are flying. My belief is that the cost of airfares is now just a minor part of people's total holiday or business expenses. Despite video conferencing, head to head meetings are still the preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post

This result is similar to most of the worlds big airlines - all reporting record and increasing profits and more passengers flying.
    Call me an old cynic but all that good news has my fingers twitching towards the ripcord.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Emirates have just announced their half-year profit - NZ$1.3 billion. This is 65% more than the same period last year.

This was achieved despite regional unrest, unfavourable $US exchange rate and increased competition and slightly reduced load factors (down to 78%). Total passesnger numbers and cargo both increased 10% from a year ago.

So despite turmoil in some regions, more planes and more competition; more and more people are flying. My belief is that the cost of airfares is now just a minor part of people's total holiday or business expenses. Despite video conferencing, head to head meetings are still the preference.
    Sums it up very nicely mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Call me an old cynic but all that good news has my fingers twitching towards the ripcord.
    Plenty of short term traders have already availed themselves of a tidy profit so if you're don't believe in the long term tourism growth story, the quality of the airline or its management then maybe you should ?
    I'm with Robomo. Travel is so cheap now...all the baby boomers have so much more time and money on their hands now the kids have left home and are getting out there and enjoying their freedom...so many young people have given up on owning a house and are doing the same.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Two new international routes ....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7378...ational-routes

Quote Originally Posted by theace View Post
    Two new international routes ....
    Off the wall speculation; Cullen Airlines will fly to TPY and if the route proves extend to LHR.

Pluses; Gateway to Central America, avoids having to fly through LAX with the TSA touching your "junk", and hooks into Star Alliance mates United Airlines network.

Minuses; Rainy area with airport only ILS cat 1 equipt, and few business cultural and social ties with Panama.

Will you look forward to travelling on the cocaine express all the way to LHR on Cullen Airlines tin(or plastic) without encountering US Customs immigration or airport security?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

[QUOTE=Marilyn Munroe;596569]Off the wall speculation; Cullen Airlines will fly to TPY and if the route proves extend to LHR.

Pluses; Gateway to Central America, avoids having to fly through LAX with the TSA touching your "junk", and hooks into Star Alliance mates United Airlines network.

Minuses; Rainy area with airport only ILS cat 1 equipt, and few business cultural and social ties with Panama.

Will you look forward to travelling on the cocaine express all the way to LHR on Cullen Airlines tin(or plastic) without encountering US Customs immigration or airport security?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn[/QUOTE

Presume you mean PTY - not TPY.

NZ Herald speculates that the first announcement could be Vietnam - presume that would be SGN or HAN.

Guru

[QUOTE=pierre;596571]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Off the wall speculation; Cullen Airlines will fly to TPY and if the route proves extend to LHR.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn[/QUOTE

Presume you mean PTY - not TPY.

NZ Herald speculates that the first announcement could be Vietnam - presume that would be SGN or HAN.
    That would be awesome--more competition to SE Asia the better,I say

Interesting article on Air NZ's new route into Buenos Aires

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11541576