sharetrader
Page 407 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3073573974034044054064074084094104114174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Frequent Flyers the world over frequently lambast AIR as having literally the worst FF scheme on the planet.
    Really? Where can we read comments that support your statement?

I find Airpoints a really good scheme and it's easy to use. I can use my Airpoints Dollars to purchase any seat on the plane - or to upgrade. If I don't have enough points I can purchase more.
    I also earn Airpoints Dollars and status points on my credit card purchases. I'm a regular flyer so am now Gold Elite status which gives me free Koru Club membership and the ability to purchase guaranteed upgrades at minimal cost e.g. travel to the USA - upgrade from economy to PE for 220 A Dollars or PE to Business for 480 A Dollars.

I'm currently running an incentive programme for my business which offers Airpoints Dollars as prizes - the monthly winners have been ecstatic to receive a top up to their Airpoints accounts.

AIR has also recently commenced an Airpoints for Business programme as well.

I'm very happy with AIR's FF programme and I'm sure they are too!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Really? Where can we read comments that support your statement?

I find Airpoints a really good scheme and it's easy to use. I can use my Airpoints Dollars to purchase any seat on the plane - or to upgrade. If I don't have enough points I can purchase more.
    I also earn Airpoints Dollars and status points on my credit card purchases. I'm a regular flyer so am now Gold Elite status which gives me free Koru Club membership and the ability to purchase guaranteed upgrades at minimal cost e.g. travel to the USA - upgrade from economy to PE for 220 A Dollars or PE to Business for 480 A Dollars.

I'm currently running an incentive programme for my business which offers Airpoints Dollars as prizes - the monthly winners have been ecstatic to receive a top up to their Airpoints accounts.

AIR has also recently commenced an Airpoints for Business programme as well.

I'm very happy with AIR's FF programme and I'm sure they are too!
    what % of customers do businessmen make up I wonder
    Last edited by skid; 14-11-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    60 dead, 100 held hostage as Paris gripped by terror...I wonder what effects this will have.
    Here we go again..Terrorists will be condemned--but innocent people will die,on both sides.

France have closed their borders--Time will tell if this spooks air travel or the markets in general

Dilettante

Frequent Flyers the world over frequently lambast AIR as having literally the worst FF scheme on the planet.
    Do you use it and do you agree that it is bad ? I think it is great, both with accumulation and redemption
    Last edited by iceman; 14-11-2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling

IMO

Never used it myself , one less card to worry about and never liked having to go to specific shops to get points esp when something is cheaper elsewhere and /or closer = less driving less fuel less time..Shoppingis supposed to be liberating not controlled.And its built into the price of the goods.

You can shop anywhere and get points for your purchases if you hold an Airpoints earning credit card. I charge everything to my card and pay in full at month-end. No interest paid but Airpoints Dollars and status points earned.
    Of course, whether it's worthwhile or not depends on how much you spend over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Never used it myself , one less card to worry about and never liked having to go to specific shops to get points esp when something is cheaper elsewhere and /or closer = less driving less fuel less time..Shoppingis supposed to be liberating not controlled.And its built into the price of the goods.
    So I fill up at Z, get airpoints on my flybuys and pay with my Westpac Credit Card that rewards me with more airpoints. Fill up at BP get discount on my AA card. If I don't use the flybuys or AA cards I get no discount at all, I'm simply giving money to the petrol station owners. Like it or not if you buy a lot of stuff then you may as well get the various discounts and rewards if the price of the goods is the same elsewhere. Just pay off your
    credit Card each month!

I use Travelcard for my airtravel, it costs no more and AirNZ reward me with upgrades or goods, I don't pay the CC surcharge and don't have to pay for flights until next month. Most of my travel is business so now AirNZ reward me with more airpoints dollars for being loyal and that costs me nothing. I always have two heavy bags for work and being an Elite Gold traveller AirNZ reward me by not charging extra bag fees and letting me use the lounge without paying Koru Club fees. All this for simply being a loyal customer! Just about all my travel is business related so it's tax deductible and when I use airpoints for private travel it costs me nothing (except the outrageous taxes and other govt fees). Yes, it might be slightly cheaper (in cash terms) to fly Jetstar to limited destinations but the convenience of frequent flights to everywhere and added comfort and bonuses of using AirNZ means I am one of AirNZ's most loyal customers. They win, I win. Do I use loyalty cards? Too right!

Perhaps you could enlighten us with some references? I don't see anything on Flyertalk.com that would support your statement and this site is probably the best known of the Frequent Flyer Blog sites.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Perhaps you could enlighten us with some references? I don't see anything on Flyertalk.com that would support your statement and this site is probably the best known of the Frequent Flyer Blog sites.
    Wouldn't hold my breath Robomo as he/she will not be able to support his/hers statement. Most frequent flyers of which I am one, will agree Air NZ has a very good scheme that is particularly easy to redeem.
    Last edited by iceman; 14-11-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wouldn't hold my breath Robomo as he/she will not be able to support his/hers statement. Most frequent flyers of which I am one, will agree Air NZ has a very good scheme that is particularly easy to redeem.
    I think we can agree that for businessmen air NZ with its points etc is good--But does it attract the general public? One way or the other ,you might as well get the airpoints.(but im not sure people will choose AIR over a more competitive airline with as good of service just for the air points)
    I personally come out better with just the cashback on Visa-for me cash is king +I get free insurance if I pay for at least half my ticket (and Im not restricted to any airline)--just upgraded to Visa platnium as they give longer travel insurance.(90 days)-only catch is that there is a service charge for using visa but its small compared to travel insurance costs)--Of course i pay it off each month--There are plenty apparently who dont and therefore finance my advantages.

In a nutshell--There are certainly loyal customers,but its the other 90% they need to fight for IMO