sharetrader
Page 408 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3083583984044054064074084094104114124184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Gull is always the cheapest by far here and no loyalty cards etc yay. Just think of all the information your cards are collecting about you.

Guru

Yep todays world can get spooky sometimes---My daughter sent me a happy 65th on gmail and on the side was an ad for facelift plastic surgery! (have you ever noticed how all the ageing movie stars in LA have that sort of Chinese look stretched look these days

actually I should put this little guy as thats about as far as they can smile after all the surgery
    Last edited by skid; 14-11-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    60 dead, 100 held hostage as Paris gripped by terror...I wonder what effects this will have.
    As far as the flying public and AIR is concerned, the Russian plane crash in the Sinai is significant especially If terrorists have found ways of destroying planes that can (currently) escape security detection. The Russian crash and the Paris slaughters underline the importance of the international co-operation of intelligence services such as UKUSA Five Eyes.

Suicide bombing campaigns in rich Western countries may become economically significant if the public becomes fearful and reduces its activity in the economy including reducing the time spent travelling.

Remember even in the year 2001 when 9/11 happened in the USA you were more likely to be killed and maimed in the USA by other means: 42196 were killed in American road accidents; 2990 were killed by terrorists; 29573 were killed by gun violence.

IMO

I hear they may be passing laws re no cigarette smoking in homes over there....... Smoking Guns are fine

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Remember even in the year 2001 when 9/11 happened in the USA you were more likely to be killed and maimed in the USA by other means: 42196 were killed in American road accidents; 2990 were killed by terrorists; 29573 were killed by gun violence.
    And in 2013 gun violence killed 33,636 in the USA, an increase of over 4,000 (or 14%) since 2001

Dilettante

I have just tried to book AIR flights for myself, my wife and 2 of our teenage children to Samoa in February. If I book online on the AIR website from Nelson to Apia, it costs $977 each for Works tickets.
    BUT, if I book the domestic Nelson-Auckland separately, I can buy the flights for $ 875 ( a saving of $ 408). Could also save another $50 per return ticket by flying Jetstar Nelson-Auckland but not worth it. Roger, this shows you clearly once again how AIR rips off the people that live outside of Auckland-Christchurch-Wellington.
    AIR really is a company that deliberately fleeces people that live in regional New Zealand. I am a big supporter of AIR but the more I encounter this sort of rubbish, the more likely I am to choose to move all my travel to another airline.
    Last edited by iceman; 16-11-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Corrected numbers after Robomo correctly pulled me up on inadvertently giving wrong numbers in original post

Default Iceman is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have just tried to book AIR flights for myself, my wife and 2 of our teenage children to Samoa in February. If I book online on the AIR website from Nelson to Apia, it costs $977 each for Works tickets.
    BUT, if I book the domestic Nelson-Auckland separately, I can buy the flights for $ 717 ( a saving of $ 1,040). Could also save another $50 by flying Jetstar Nelson-Auckland but not worth it. Roger, this shows you clearly once again how AIR rips off the people that live outside of Auckland-Christchurch-Wellington.
    AIR really is a company that deliberately fleeces people that live in regional New Zealand. I am a big supporter of AIR but the more I encounter this sort of rubbish, the more likely I am to choose to move all my travel to another airline.
    Checked your figures Iceman and your Nelson-Apia-Nelson fare of $977 is correct. You then quote a per person separate fare of $717 but this is only Auckland-Apia-Auckland. You forgot to add the Nelson-Auckland-Nelson fare as well, which adds another $238 ($162 on Jetstar).

The total is thus $955, $22 cheaper than the Nelson-Apia-Nelson fare.
    BUT, don't forget that if there is a delay on the NSN-AKL sector and you miss your Apia flight then you've lost your money as ANZ are not responsible for missed connections where you have made the booking as two separate journeys (Nelson-Auckland, then Auckland-Apia) rather than one journey (Nelson-Apia). If you book Nelson-Apia as one journey and you miss your connection in Auckland for reasons beyond your control (weather, mechanical, flight delay etc) then ANZ would put you up for the night, feed you and transfer you to the next flight without penalty. The same also applies to the return journey. Thus the $22 difference can be seen as 'insurance'.

You have done ANZ a disservice in your post and I hope you now acknowledge your mistake and correct your statement that ANZ is fleecing people in the regions. Roger would also appreciate an apology.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    BUT, if I book the domestic Nelson-Auckland separately, I can buy the flights for $ 717 ( a saving of $ 1,040). Could also save another $50 by flying Jetstar Nelson-Auckland but not worth it. Roger, this shows you clearly once again how AIR rips off the people that live outside of Auckland-Christchurch-Wellington.
    They are just looking after their profits--Others will fill the vacuum which may or may not be good for AIR--They are -''going where the money is''--the danger of course is more may feel like you and the ''others'' (jetstar) get more and more accepted and known.
    Its a delicate balance between going for ultimate profits, and providing a service and looking after your clientele.
    only posters who have looked at AIR inside out for days on end will stick with them forever--flying customers will change airlines at the drop of a hat(or a drop of a price)

Meanwhile if this madness spreads at all outside of France we will see how airlines are cyclical in nature.(some more than others)--All those wonderful specials to Europe.

I feel sorry of course for the French (Europeans) caught up in this--but I feel even sorrier for freedom .Little by little its going down the gurgler.

We can only guess what state things would be if they(USA)hadnt gone over in the first place for all that oil $$ (especially the 2nd time)

Your right about the odds Bjuack--thats why they resort to especially brutal measures--a beheading has much more impact than 50 people (families) killed by an iron fragment bomb dropped from a drone---its the only way they can compete.
    Im very upset with JK for involving us in the mix(SAS)--we are well away from the carnage but it would be a hellava statement to show no one is safe. Why in the world did we get involved? look at the mess that has been created--(keep in mind that most of that sort of thing (suicide bombings) happen to Muslims. ...sorry for the rant,but it could have an affect on AIR

PS--we emailed friends in Paris we met traveling--they said they are ok but everyone is scared sh-tless to go anywhere.
    Last edited by skid; 15-11-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Skid - In view of my reply to Iceman, perhaps you would consider modifying your post?

No more talk about whether AIR frequent flyer scheme is crap or not - let's get back on topic of trading AIR shares

That $3 mark is a psychological resistance barrier that's been there for more than 10 years. They are powerful things and punters often underestimate that

However this time around it is to be broken .... and soon. The fundamentals (nearly a $1 billion earnings this year) support this

Furthermore the pressure is building - look at that wedge in the bottom chart. the gap from each new low to $3 is getting smaller. The odds are that the price will break through the resistance of $3 next time (or maybe the one after that). The good book on TA says so.

And then remember what was once strong resistance becomes strong support - once through this resistance $3 won't be seen for a while (goodness knows what happens when the cycle turns, don't forget AIR is a cyclical stock)

AIR above $3 is a certainty ... and sooner than later. Just shows what a good buy it was at around $2.65/$2.66 the other day was

Tim - charts are not 'predictive' per se but they do give powerful signals as to what probably may happen in the future

A
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”