sharetrader
Page 436 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3363864264324334344354364374384394404464865369361436 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Cullen Airlines should review the performance of their ground handling contractor at YVR.

Bop boop de do
    Marilyn

Edit: I may have been hasty to assign blame to YVR ground handling contractor. After reading workingdads original post the problem seems to be at the AKL end.
    Yep.... both times - baggage congestion was the underlying issue. Be nice if in todays technological age they could notify receiving airport of delay to avoid standing at the baggage carousel looking like a half sucked black aniseed lolly for an hour.

Guru

Usually baggage delays happen when you have a connection .especially if it is tight due to late arrival etc.--To happen from the originating flight is a bad look and I can relate to your dismay to having no warm clothes in a winter destination--(it happened to us but we had relatives there which helped immensely(2 sizes to big ,but still warm

5 day wait for baggage congestion???

Meanwhile...I dont think Monday is going to be your golden $3 day after looking at outside markets
    Last edited by skid; 19-12-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Usually baggage delays happen when you have a connection .especially if it is tight due to late arrival etc.--To happen from the originating flight is a bad look and I can relate to your dismay to having no warm clothes in a winter destination--(it happened to us but we had relatives there which helped immensely(2 sizes to big ,but still warm

5 day wait for baggage congestion???

Meanwhile...I dont think Monday is going to be your golden $3 day after looking at outside markets
    2 sizes too big... that's all the rage these days isn't it haha.

got the bag back 28 hours later when I checked in to return to NZ but as I had to carry on to Calgary and the bag was a minimum of 24 hours behind to catch the same direct flight the day after I left I went and bought the clothes and toiletries needed. The 5 days was waiting for someone from Air NZ to ring in response to my email raising the issue of it being the 2nd time in 6 months and that I needed the case resolved prior to lodging a claim for insurance on the $1200 spend buying replacement items. I also mentioned in the email as a gesture of good will there should be some bonus airpoints applied to my account

Guru

Just a sidebar --I always try to cram at least one set of clothes in my carry on--If your not traveling light (like me to the tropics)I would take the maximum size carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just a sidebar --I always try to cram at least one set of clothes in my carry on--If your not traveling light (like me to the tropics)I would take the maximum size carry on.
    Its usually all I take (a carry on) particularly only being there one night but with the bulkiness of ski jacket/pants, gloves and thermals it was too much to squeeze in so I used a bigger bag than I usually use and checked it. Business class allows 3 carry on bags but I not keen on lugging them all around plus the laptop.

Guru

They came back today with an offer of $200 in airpoints...... needless to say I am not impressed I have let them know my thoughts on the offer. Anyone else fly with other airlines? I like Air NZ for the koru lounge but wondering what other airlines offer and willing to explore these options as a result.

I'm guessing that Roger must be banned again as it has been a little quiet here. SP is slowly ramping up towards $3 and oil is at its lowest price for over 10 years. Seems like good news to me. That along with successful launch of both the Buenos Aires and Houston routes this month

I'm not expecting much share price movement until the half year results are announced. Assuming they can meet their expectations (was it $400 million profit?) I think we can expect a generous bump.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    They came back today with an offer of $200 in airpoints...... needless to say I am not impressed I have let them know my thoughts on the offer. Anyone else fly with other airlines? I like Air NZ for the koru lounge but wondering what other airlines offer and willing to explore these options as a result.
    At least they offered you something . I wrote a letter after a recent trip 95 % of which was very good . Just pointing out where they had really let themselves down on the rest of the journey .
    They apologised that their standards were not met and forwarded the information to the airport team to so they can review where they went wrong .
    Not a drinks voucher , not an airpoint on offer ......... All will be forgotten if they keep the profitability up

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    At least they offered you something . I wrote a letter after a recent trip 95 % of which was very good . Just pointing out where they had really let themselves down on the rest of the journey .
    They apologised that their standards were not met and forwarded the information to the airport team to so they can review where they went wrong .
    Not a drinks voucher , not an airpoint on offer ......... All will be forgotten if they keep the profitability up
    Seems like customer service is quite variable. My experience the other day was with tired toddler in tow and the end of a long day hearing that flight had been cancelled due to "engineering" and that we would be re-booked later which we were but with no recompense. I politely asked if we could spend the enforced wait period in the Koru, I was equally politely declined but they did cough up about $20 in food vouchers.. small but at least something. Only because we asked for something specifically I think though.