sharetrader
Page 452 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3524024424484494504514524534544554564625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Note the share price hit 319 yesterday before a close at 316

Up more than 25% since saying $400m H1 earnings will be $400m plus

Heck what will happen when it is $500m plus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Note the share price hit 319 yesterday before a close at 316

Up more than 25% since saying $400m H1 earnings will be $400m plus

Heck what will happen when it is $500m plus
    With overseas markets acting as they have this year really though it would effect our market, proven wrong so far, actually holding a lot more cash after selling half my holding in everything, as you say made a great return after buying in after the announcement so no worries. Still have 35,000 shares in AIR so we shall see....

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just looking early for booking to Southeast Asia-(Jun-Sept)--MAL AK-BK=$1140 Thai -AK-Bk=$1450 .....Looked for the new AK-Viet Nam AIR ...Came out to $1950 (forgot the exact amount).....Am I missing something???
    You know you are not missing a thing...they are cocky

Skid just fly with whoever makes you feel you're going to have a fantastic holiday..(its not always about who's cheapest) and have a great time
    http://viewfromabove.emirates.com/3d...vietnam/detail

For those holidaying at home this year

http://viewfromabove.emirates.com/3d...zealand/detail
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-01-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Banned

Firstly, if you had to give me a choice between flying Auckland-Southeast Asia between Air NZ and Malaysia Airlines, there is no way on Gods green earth my wife would let me book a Malaysian Airlines ticket. Illogical perhaps, but that's the way it is. In that regard, Air NZ might be at the market price, and Malaysia might be discounting heavily to win business back after their calamities.

Secondly, Air NZ doesn't seem that bad price wise - I just looked up Air NZ to Bangkok (AKL-SIN-BKK) for June 1, and the economy ticket came to $954. The SIN-BKK leg was with Singapore Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    Firstly, if you had to give me a choice between flying Auckland-Southeast Asia between Air NZ and Malaysia Airlines, there is no way on Gods green earth my wife would let me book a Malaysian Airlines ticket. Illogical perhaps, but that's the way it is. In that regard, Air NZ might be at the market price, and Malaysia might be discounting heavily to win business back after their calamities.

Secondly, Air NZ doesn't seem that bad price wise - I just looked up Air NZ to Bangkok (AKL-SIN-BKK) for June 1, and the economy ticket came to $954. The SIN-BKK leg was with Singapore Airlines.
    I use AIR whenever I can but sometimes I have to use other airlines because the price differential is just too great. Last week - I missed out on the AIR promo to the US by 1 day and on the dates in May that I wanted to travel - the fare for 2 was $3,800. However, I found fares with Virgin Australia for the same dates for $2,700, which I took. The downside is having to travel from Wellington to Brisbane to pick up our US bound flight but a grand is a grand and I can tolerate that inconvenience for the saving, which covers our internal US flights. I'd love AIR to offer price matching in the same way as you can go into stores like JB Hi Fi or Noel Leemings and show the price of a product from a competitor and usually they'll match or better it.

Discl. Holding AIR and loving current SP with hopefully plenty more upside and a nice juicy divvy to boot

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Skid just fly with whoever makes you feel you're going to have a fantastic holiday..(its not always about who's cheapest) and have a great time
    http://viewfromabove.emirates.com/3d...vietnam/detail

For those holidaying at home this year

http://viewfromabove.emirates.com/3d...zealand/detail
    I will certainly do that---Just though it would be beneficial to look from the customer point of view

They are obviously doing well--but can always do better
    Last edited by skid; 24-01-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Guru

I dont agree about the market price--i flew MAL last year and they were fine (and I would have flown Air NZ after Erebus)
    Even Thai was considerably cheaper and (sorry) but from a customers point of view ,they leave AIR in the dust---but if they(AIR) are filling up their planes then good on them--(cant help but think there are others like me as well though)--and isnt this suppose to be the era of cheaper air travel from cheap oil and more efficient planes?

Yeshiva--If that $954 AK SIN-BKK is round trip then thats more like it and I would certainly go for that. (unless it was totally crap schedule---sometimes you get those 36hrs for an essentially 11hr flgt)

Maybe I was mistaken in thinking that they(AIR) would have given a good price on a new route.
    They are raking it in atm ,but one must always at least try to project the future,eh?

If they are really competitive on other routes,(or have a monopoly,or have unusually good comfort and or service,then that helps validate the price,other wise ,where is the value?
    What % of travelers disregard the price in favor of just plain dedication to the brand?
    These are just thoughts to consider if the tide changes (they may well hit a new high in profit so of course holding makes sense for now.)

I always try to think outside the box ,even to the annoyance of some

Disc-I have flown several times to Vancouver with AIR and my wife may do so again as they do seem to have that route somewhat monopolized and going through the States stinks IMO (service at that time was friendly but cramped,and it was freezing on the return trip)--possibly better plane now?
    Last edited by skid; 24-01-2016 at 10:19 AM.

They are and I think you've nailed it, you get what you pay for. I don't know how others do it but FWIW I don't shop Hotels, rental cars or restaurants solely based on price alone either.
    Skid there are no absolute answers to your questions mate. Some people will always shop based on price alone and many others will shop based on a wide range of others factors including reputation and which airline they trust. The bottom line is AIR's planes have high average load factors and the airline is doing extremely well so clearly they are doing many things right.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    They are and I think you've nailed it, you get what you pay for. I don't know how others do it but FWIW I don't shop Hotels, rental cars or restaurants solely based on price alone either.
    Skid there are no absolute answers to your questions mate. Some people will always shop based on price alone and many others will shop based on a wide range of others factors including reputation and which airline they trust. The bottom line is AIR's planes have high average load factors and the airline is doing extremely well so clearly they are doing many things right.
    MAL was every bit as good as AIR in terms of the product so I believe it is more superstition than getting what you pay for in that case(and then there is Thai air,still considerably cheaper)

Its not price alone--Jetstar would be a big miss...(Its value)

but im just thinking ahead --not here to rain on your picnic and they are ,as you say doing very well at this time,but I would venture to say that my ''shopping for a good airline with a good price'' would beat you shopping by reputation (with the exception of some 3rd world 2 bit local airline)

I would have been happy to support AIR ,but c'mon ,an extra $800?... (would you have for an extra $800(MAL) $500 (Thai)?--but they seem to be making it work so its good for the balance sheet.

Almost all airlines are doing extremely well though..--enjoy