sharetrader
Page 453 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3534034434494504514524534544554564574635035539531453 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default What Price Peace of Mind ?

Was it Wall Street the movie where Gordon Gekko says "The most valuable commodity I know is peace of mind" ?

Fact is there's hordes of "nervous nelly" flyers just like me that stick with brands they know and trust regardless of whether its logical, efficient, best priced or otherwise.

The dirty little commercial airline secret that I think nobody wants to talk about is that I think AIR and most other airlines take advantage of pricing power in their home market where everyone knows and trusts their home brand. Is this exploitation of well known parochial purchasing tendencies or is this simply good commercial practice ? Who can say after all the airline's primary objectives are longevity of operations and maximisation of profit...

People will chose the price, comfort and peace of mind point that best suits them, no right or wrong answers mate. I wouldn't chose to go to Vietnam so I hope you don't mind that I dodged your question.

Guru

Fair enough....I get peace of mind with Thai Air(and more comfort)
    The question (of saving that much dosh)could be appied to anywhere using the same numbers.(I think we might be in the same camp on that)--you are an accountant after all

You may be right about the nervous nelly flyers that stick to the brands they know---that would be interesting to do a poll or research on ,just for fun. I personally dont know anyone though,who wouldnt take a better deal with another trusted airline with the same or better comfort(there were a few who mentioned they got ''priced out''of AIR flights earlier)

OH Yea--Your question.....Since some may be skittish with MAL ,lets say $1440 buys peace of mind -with Thai Air(alot cheaper than $19something.)

Their pricing (financial planning)is the only thing I have doubts about--as far as present share price performance,this is their (and your)time in the sun---when putting this much work into a company ,it must be rewarding to have it all come right,so full credit.

PS--You wouldnt want to go to Viet Nam but went to Siberia???
    Last edited by skid; 24-01-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just looking early for booking to Southeast Asia-(Jun-Sept)--MAL AK-BK=$1140 Thai -AK-Bk=$1450 .....Looked for the new AK-Viet Nam AIR ...Came out to $1950 (forgot the exact amount).....Am I missing something???
    Can't be sure but don't think the new AIR NZ AKL-Vietnam route is for sale yet. Any flights that I found were flying via Singapore. I guess the direct Air NZ flights should be available for booking soon though.

I guess AIR's flight should be a little cheaper because I think they are going to be doing the Seat+bag fares.

Skid, Siberia is a euphemism on here for being banned.

Its not really work for me, I see it as a hobby and I really like the company and probably should have tried to work for them in some capacity when I was younger. Too old and fat now LOL. But yes, its nice to see the Sp heading north.

I wouldn't book just yet, I think you'll find there will be a Vietnam sale at some future point a lot cheaper than the prices you've mentioned earlier after all they had launch fares to Housten and Bounes Aires for $699 each way which is a LOT further flying time so I'd expect they'll do something along similar lines in due course at a cheaper price reflecting the relative flying distance.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Membaa

AIR is very responsive to TA, a simple chart helps to let profits run and inform when to cut and run. This is due to the generally strong trends, up or down. Even the apparently most devoted shareholders here don't just buy hold and hope for the best, it's way too volatile for that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Skid, Siberia is a euphemism on here for being banned.

Its not really work for me, I see it as a hobby and I really like the company and probably should have tried to work for them in some capacity when I was younger. Too old and fat now LOL. But yes, its nice to see the Sp heading north.

I wouldn't book just yet, I think you'll find there will be a Vietnam sale at some future point a lot cheaper than the prices you've mentioned earlier after all they had launch fares to Housten and Bounes Aires for $699 each way which is a LOT further flying time so I'd expect they'll do something along similar lines in due course at a cheaper price reflecting the relative flying distance.
    That would explain it--It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. (pricing)

(I was thinking afterwards that the Siberia thing was symbolic--Man ,that was a long time!----Oh well...back by popular demand

The whole thing is a hobby for me atm as Im completely out ..for better or worse (worse in this case) until this economic situation plays out a bit more-----still love those Southeast Asia trips in the winter (jump on a motor bike with a small pac sac and take off) ..gets me out of the bubble of ordinary life (we sometimes take for granted) as Joe walse puts it ''I cant complain ,but sometimes I still do''

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    AIR is very responsive to TA, a simple chart helps to let profits run and inform when to cut and run. This is due to the generally strong trends, up or down. Even the apparently most devoted shareholders here don't just buy hold and hope for the best, it's way too volatile for that.
    Some do ...but they shouldnt

For those on the lookout for cheap trips ... Qantas has just $800 return flights out of Wellington to Asia ... guessing in response to the Singapore Airlines flights

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I love it when TA and FA line up so perfectly like they do at present. On one hand, the stock has now convincingly broken through the 13 year resistance line at $3.10, (see Hoops recent chart), and on the other the fundmentals look truly compelling and even if oil reverts back to $60 - $70 a barrel in the medium term it won't hurt AIR one iota with their modern fuel efficient fleet.

All the signs point north FWIW I'm in for the long haul and will normally back FA over TA.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just looking early for booking to Southeast Asia-(Jun-Sept)--MAL AK-BK=$1140 Thai -AK-Bk=$1450 .....Looked for the new AK-Viet Nam AIR ...Came out to $1950 (forgot the exact amount).....Am I missing something???
    Just announced today by Air New Zealand $1,232 return Auckland - Ho Chi Minh starting 4 June.